No announcement yet.

Which Boaphile Should I Get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Housing] Which Boaphile Should I Get?

I am not sure what the right Boaphile enclosure to get is. I am seriously looking at the 422D and 421D. Would these be large enough for a Boa for the rest of its life? They are both 4' long and based on the size of the parents I'm thinking he will grow to be about 5.5 feet long. I am also thinking about getting one with an extension option just in case he gets bigger than expected. Thanks for the help.

Re: Which Boaphile Should I Get?

i would say probably the most common one for boas is the 421d. that would be my suggestion.

Comment

Originally posted by dangles View Post
      i would say probably the most common one for boas is the 421d. that would be my suggestion.
      I agree. I plan on getting a 5 stack of 421d's sometime down the road. Plaus All the heating and lighting fits right up... no messing around trying to get it right.

Comment

I myself went though WEEKS of contemplation on what size to get. I was going to get a 6 foot boaphile. I would measure furniture in my house and try to visualize the size it would be and it was huge. I finally decided to go with the 422d. It is really nice and has plenty of room for my baby right now. i like th extra height. It is bigger than I vizualized once I recieved it. It should be perfect for a 6ft snake but of course bigger is always better.

Comment

i went with the 421D. its a great choice and i think one of the most common around here.

Comment

Can't go wrong with the 421 D

That cage is the foundation cage for most of us in our collections.
            To gain knowledge is good, but to share knowledge is wise

-Best Regards
            -Clay English
            Founder Redtailboas.com 1998-2013

Comment

i got ......... and love it

2 422d with light and 2x heat right end extended for later down the road for a hide add-on

1 422d with divider and middle heat for cage and heat on the left side. light, right end extended. good for babies then can remove divider for one boa.

1 421d heat light hinges love it.

love all the cages ive got from jeff

2 of my cages in shipping got damaged from Lame fedex.
              Told Jeff and didnt hesitate to have me ship back for a new one.

Jeff's the Best.
              I hope hes doing ok right now and not stressing to much with this Bill going on.

Aaron Ryan

Comment

I have 4x421d's with rhps and more, I also have a 221d for the boy's ball python, I am ordering 2x321d's tomorrow for a few of my males fully tweeked of course, this is how i roll and thanks to Jeff for the help and service

Comment

I have my big girl Cheeto an '03 CBLT in a 421D...she is pushing 8' and about 20 lbs easy...she loves it and seems to have PLENTY of room in it.

Here she is

YouTube - 7_cheeto.avi

Hope this helped!
                  Ernest

www.magikboas2011.wix.com/home Where you will find Available Boas to my Magik BBQ Sauce!

Comment

I have 4 x 422ds and I absolutely love them to death. Honestly, I've only had them some 3 weeks now but my snakes are like night and day since moving in them.

I can't comment on the 421ds because I don't have any but I might be getting some soon. Personally, I like the extra height also.

I am using the 422Ds on my 6 foot boa and my 8 foot boa. My 8 footer has plenty of room and I don't think is growing much these days but still adding abit. I think it will be fine for life. The 6 footer has immense room.

I don't think you'll go wrong with either just preferance of your height. The 2 foot depth makes it very very spacious for even the big ones.

Comment

Thanks for the information guys. I have another question which is related more to the options that are available. Is the optional light for heat or display or both? I want to go with under cage heating but I'm still thinking about getting a light for display reasons, would this overheat the enclosure?

Comment

The lights have added +-2 degrees to mine during the day. This has been a consistent increase when the lights are on over a 1.5 month period of time. So yes the do put out some heat but not alot, they are display mainly. Look into the rhp for heat, the best way to go IMO. All my cages have/will have RHP's
                        Shawn

Comment

I got my setup with 1.5 underbelly, RHP, and Light. I got incadescent bulb (I meant to get the other). The bulb does add atleast 2-3 degrees for me because all of this is pretty much on the left part of the cage and my probe is placed in between the underbelly and RHP heat (as directed by Jeff) so I got 3 things beaming down heat on my probe.

I don't use the lights often because the snakes already have my normal light on. I use them mainly for cleaning and I like to mist things down once I wake up and kick the light on for a good 15-20. One of my boas (the 6 footer) really seems to like the light being on and will move over to the hotspot once it kicks on and just settle in till its off.

The reason I don't use my lights often is because the bulbs can get pretty hot. My 6 footer likes to actually wrap up on the light and climb around a bit using it for some reason so it worries me. It is not as hot as a normal light bulb and seems to take a few seconds to "feel the hotness" on your finger if you touch it. I don't know how badly it could burn them so I don't use it unless I am monitoring but it does look great with the lights, and pretty nice with them off.

Also, the fact I got RHP and light is one reason I went with the 422d so they had good head room still with all this stuff in it.

Comment

Working...
                          X