Snakes on a plane......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Misc] Snakes on a plane......

No not the movie.....But can you take them on a plane without any probs? carry on? how to do it?

Re: Snakes on a plane......

Most likely the same way everyone else ships by air, in the cargo bay. Only recently have a few airlines started allowing people to bring pets in the cabin but I really think you would have a hard time getting a snake in the cabin. The only other way would be private charter, if you are paying for the whole plane you can do it no problem.

Mat.

Comment

Nope. You have to put them in cargo. Basically you package them as if you were going to ship them. This was the procedure when I called United about it. Things change and not all airlines have the same policies so if you have any questions or concerns you should call the airlines.

Comment

are the storage hulls heated at all, would you worry about temps in there. prob flying from Arizona to Colorado in sub 20 degrees.
        s

Comment

Originally posted by dapozer View Post
          are the storage hulls heated at all, would you worry about temps in there. prob flying from Arizona to Colorado in sub 20 degrees.
          s
          Not heated at all, you have to use heat packs and the trouble with your situation is going from a hot climate to a cool one. The snakes will be way too hot in Arizona with heat packs and will freeze in the air long before Colorado without them. Many people in cold climates have to wait for warm weather to get snakes shipped for this very reason, in fact Air Canada shuts down animal cargo for a few months each year. Hope you can get it figured out.

Mat.

Comment

Nah, the storage area is heated. Maybe not as well as the cabin but it definitely has to be above freezing. You would have to use heat packs when you package your animal. Just like if you were to ship it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunglikeafruitbat View Post
              . Many people in cold climates have to wait for warm weather to get snakes shipped for this very reason,

Mat.

Yep my issue. Just thinking of some ways to get new new guys home. It looks like a cold winter in Colorado so I am thinking ways.....

Comment

Working...
              X