X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tatdaddy
    replied
    Re: Question on ordering frozen mice..

I ordered 25 rat pups from cajunmice for my snake when he was 5 months old. It was just fine. And he has really grown. He is now 8 months old and is last time I measured him he was 28 1/2" long. There are pic of him in the pic fourm under Mr. skittles. Post some pic of you snake so we can see him and we will be able to give you a better awnswer. Good luck s9.gif

Leave a comment:

• stormyva
    replied

How old is your boa?
    How big is it?

Unless it is a very small baby the hopper mice may be too small and you should step it up to a larger prey item. You should feed the snake one prey item that is equal in diameter to the largest part of the snake.

Leave a comment:

• ClayEnglish
    replied

The size comparisions are listed in detail in my "Feeding pre-killed vs. Live" care guide, but to answer your direct question your size match is

hopper mouse = pinkie rat (2 weeks old or so)

These pinkie rat sizes are growing fast and may just be starting to show hair/coloration.

Also young fuzzy rats would work as well.

Leave a comment:

• shattered_dreams
    replied

I've looked into cajunmice and I really like them but if my boa is used to hopper size mice what size rat should I switch to? Thx.

Leave a comment:

• tatdaddy
    replied

First let me welcome you to the fourm.Are you going to be feeding a snake? If so you are better off fedding rats. Much better for the snake. But if you just want to feed mice try www.rodentpro.com I think they sell mice. Or www.cajunmice.com. That is were I get my f/t rats from. As far as order you can order as small as 50 or 25. But like I said you are better off feeding rats better value for the money pluse better for the snake. Good luck and let us know what you decided.

Joshua

Leave a comment:

• shattered_dreams
    started a topic Question on ordering frozen mice..

Question on ordering frozen mice..

None of the pet stores around my area carry frozen hoppers and they won't order them for me so my question is where can I order them on-line? Also what is the minimum number I can order? Thanks a lot.
Working...
X