Very weird never done this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Behavior] Very weird never done this

Just gonna post this video and maybe some of you can help me out. She has never done this before if she is just pissy let met know but i cant tell.

YouTube - Hog Island Boa acting wierd

Re: Very weird never done this

It could just be that she is moody! I have a male hypo that gets like that and if you still mess with him he starts in really hissing loudly! As long as your temps and humidity are good I wouldn't worry.

Comment

Originally posted by JLTerry View Post
      It could just be that she is moody! I have a male hypo that gets like that and if you still mess with him he starts in really hissing loudly! As long as your temps and humidity are good I wouldn't worry.
      allright thanks some guy said that it was a respitory infection and i started to freak he said he saw saliava but i think she is about to go into shed as well i cant tell i think it was the light that through him off

Comment

I had mine hiss once and that was due to the shedding mode that I didn't notice at the time shortly after I got him. I just know when they sleep along time to just leave them alone and wait until they shed.
        sigpic

Jeffrey Ryan Roecker
        Gresham,OR
        Save our Reptiles!!
        I Brake for Snakes!!::

Comment

Originally posted by jeffreyr View Post
          I had mine hiss once and that was due to the shedding mode that I didn't notice at the time shortly after I got him. I just know when they sleep along time to just leave them alone and wait until they shed.
          she is only about 175g would you reccommend switching her back to a 15 qt tub she is in a 41 qt right now

Comment

Naa dont change enclosure, Mine is jsut past 3 feet and she is in her adult cage. Has she just got out of the BLUE? Mine opens her mouth to breathe bcuz her nose is plugged due to shed skin.

Comment

Originally posted by RTB_luver View Post
              Naa dont change enclosure, Mine is jsut past 3 feet and she is in her adult cage. Has she just got out of the BLUE? Mine opens her mouth to breathe bcuz her nose is plugged due to shed skin.
              well shoot i just changed her before i read this guys im super confused i cant tell what is going to make her happy

Comment

If she's just opening her mouth like that when she's out and you're messing with her I would think she's just being moody. If she's doing it when she's in her enclosure then I'd be concerned about a respiratory issue. As long as you can provide the proper heat, hides, and humidity levels in the cage I don't see where size is an issue. People have a problem throwing a small snake into a big cage with one hide because they feel they are out in the open and could be eaten. If you provide them with plenty of hiding opportunities and everything else they need they do just fine.

Comment

looks like shes just moody. But keep an eye and ear out for a respiratory infection.

Comment

Originally posted by MX121 View Post
                    looks like shes just moody. But keep an eye and ear out for a respiratory infection.
                    Yea i did upped the heat a little and put her in a 15 qt instead of a 41 qt i think it was to much room and not enough hides the humidity is at 58% and the hot spot is now at 92 it was at 90

Comment

Working...
                    X