new pick have questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [General Care] new pick have questions

Ok I picked up a cb/lt female supposedly almost 3 well she only weighs about 2 pounds and is 3 1/2 ft long. I took her to the vet on the way home and she
    stated she seemed healthy and her lenght to girth was proportional.
    and some just grow slower especially when fed in small amounts. and
    she was fed mice most of the time with some small to medium rats. now
    she is sized fine for medium to rats to eat.
    but is it possible she could be central american she is very light and not dark
    like the nics I've had. I no the nics have the cb/lt feature alot. is there away
    to tell if she is or isn't. She was only 75.00 so either way she is not a loss
    but would just like to know or is it most likely that she has just been fed
    slowly he said she was regular columbian red tail I know so are the c.a.
    but you catch my drift.
    I also have seen some columbians that just don't grow that big and could this aswell be the case.
    thanks Eddie
    I'm just use to my o7's being almost 10 pounds and 6ft

Re: new pick have questions

Got any pics. Its really hard to say with out seeing what the boa looks like.
    As far as feeding,that is a good possibility. I feed (fed, when I had more boas than BP's) less,maybe not smaller meals but more every 2-3 weeks rather than every week. I liked my boas to be lean and not big fat monsters,all of them had amazing muscle tone. So it's a good chance the previous owner Was trying to keep them small.

Comment

That does seem a tad small. My 07 female is also about 6ft. and pretty close to 10 lbs. The length and weights you gave sound like a yearling to me, but as Steve said, pics might help.

-Sean in NoCal
      “Americanism means the virtues of courage, honor, justice, truth, sincerity, and hardihood – the virtues that made America.”
      -Teddy Roosevelt.

Comment

here is some pics I got from the guy I haven't taken any myself yet.
        Attached Files

Comment

She looks healthy to me...I would go with a small rat every week and no bigger...She looks very healthy and I think she is just growing at her own pace,,,,

Comment

Originally posted by jgonzalez305 View Post
            She looks healthy to me...I would go with a small rat every week and no bigger...She looks very healthy and I think she is just growing at her own pace,,,,
            Appreciate that all advice helps I rarely buy a boa I know little about thats why it bugs me so much. So I guess she looks like a normal bci not a central american would you say. I know central americans are bci but I think yall no
            where I'm coming from.

Comment

I still say she's a yearling. That being said, That is one sweet tail stripe!

-Sean in NoCal
              “Americanism means the virtues of courage, honor, justice, truth, sincerity, and hardihood – the virtues that made America.”
              -Teddy Roosevelt.

Comment

looks to be a normal to me healthy lookin too

Comment

Working...
                X