Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is he trying to tell me something? 2 questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [General Care] Is he trying to tell me something? 2 questions.

My baby boa (06-2009) "Flex" hates to be put back in his cage. When I try and replace him, he scurries up my arm and/or squeezes my hand and wrist. I practically have to pry him off. My habitat is appropriate with temps, as far as I know... I don't trust that indoor/outdoor thermometer I bought from radio shack. I want to get one of those temp guns I hear you guys talking about.

And I was wondering is there is a difference in the temperment of boas between the sexes. Mine is male, and so far he has been totally docile. Even in the hands my girlfriends obnoxious kids.

Thanks again guys, I am very grateful for your advice.
    John

Re: Is he trying to tell me something? 2 questions.

I personally think them not wanting to go back in there cage is due to the fear of the unknown. Even though you are putting them back in there home they have gotten use to being held therefore they probably are not sure where you are putting them so they try to hold on to you for security.

Comment

My male jungle always does that to me. The conditions in my enclosure is perfect and he is thriving right next to my other boas who don't exhibit that behavior. I don't sweat it and view it as a personality issue which I find pretty cool.

Comment

Boas have a fear of falling therefore wrap their tails around branches,fingers, arms, legs etc. for this reason they try to climb up your arm cause they feel they are falling or desending down so climbing or gripping give it that security. mine do the same thing, I make believe they just want to hang out more.

Comment

yeah it's probably what ron said

Comment

lol, my 7ft girl will put up a fight sometimes not to go back in..she will hang on or try to escape before I can close the lid. She knows exactly where shes going and it means no more freedom till the next time I take her out.

Comment

Working...
            X