What should i do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Housing] What should i do?

I purchased a RTB about 3weeks ago. He is 7ft came with 75 gallon tank and screen top under tank heat pad,a 100 watt CHE, a 100 watt infared heat bulb.They all on one side of tank. The digital temp sencer probe 3in from bottom reads 86 degrees.A zilla Slimline Desert Fixture includes a 18" Desert 50 T8 fluorescent bulb with a UVB output on the other side of top 82 degrees bottom temp with large water tub.He has a 2.5ft hollow log he's always in NEVER OUT DAY TIME 2am...5am hes out? not very active like my last 4ft boa?What can i do to make him more active?

Re: What should i do?

boas a more active at night theres is nothing you can do to make them more active. they have there own personality your 4 footer had an active personality. my two are not active until they are being held then they move around like mad, but in the tank they dont move around actively. you ll see them here then there the next day or two. but thats all.

Comment

What ron said, just take him out to play.

Comment

If you want to encourage more activity try various stimulus. Some tree branches to crawl about on or some fake plants can camoflauge anew area he might migrate too. Nothing is really 'abnormal' about a snake sitting in their hide a lot though. I rarely see most of mine unless they are hungry.

My corn snake, for example, I forget I have a lot because he only comes out when he's looking for food other than that he sits in his hide all day. Most of my pythons and boas do it too. I don't think the physical time has anything to do with it. 5am, 3pm, should not matter much in captivity.

Comment

OK...Thanks for all replies. I made a new hide.Now easy to get him out no problems...more active to actually.

Comment

Higher temps incourage more activity. If you can, get your hot spot up to 92.

Comment

Working...
            X