Night Activity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Behavior] Night Activity

My 1 1/2 year old boa is always more active at night. But sometimes, there are certain nights where she seems EXTRA alert, active, and energetic. Often when she is in this type of mood, she will raise her head up and the beginning of her body towards the top of the tank. It makes me think that she's wanting to be fed, but I'm not sure. Any other time, she never does this and never raises up towards the top. She was acting this way last night and it reminds me of how she is when she knows she's going to be fed.

It's not a big deal but I thought maybe someone would have more of an idea of what she's thinking.

FYI I feel her once a week, every sunday.

Re: Night Activity

One of my boas does this to from time to time too. It's normal. Sometimes she'll stick her head out of her hide dring the day and just look up for a while... and when she realizes she's being watched she pulls it back in. I think it may be related to thermoregulating - i.e. she's either warming her head (as in when she pokes out of her hide during the day), or trying to locate where heat is radiating from (when she does it at night) . She also tends to raise her head higher when she does this at night.

Here's a pic I snapped a couple of months ago while she was doing this durring the day.

Originally posted by Shenanagins8713 View Post
    FYI I feel her once a week, every sunday.
    BTW... it's OK to love your snake... just don't LOVE your snake.

Comment

my adult female is out all the time every day all day but i put that down to there's a male in with a female in the Viv above her and shes trying to get to them for some of the action lol

Comment

I hadn't realized that I typed it that way until your response MLynch. It had me crackin' up lol

But yeah, that's exactly what she does like in your picture. Thanks for the response!

Comment

Working...
        X