This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Behavior

First of all, I want to say I haven't visited Clay's site in a long time and it looks great!

Second is my boa's behavior. He's over 3 now. He hasn't eaten in about 2 months, vet says he is fine. He wants out of his tank all the time, likes to climb into the top drawer of my lingerie chest, which is about 5' high (I put a heating pad in there for him) and stay there all day. I have not heard of this before and was wondering if there is a reason he is doing this?

thanx

dru

Re: Behavior

He may feel stressed out and needs a place to hide. He may feel safer in the top drawer of you dresser than he does in his tank. Do you have a couple places for him to hide in his tank. Perhaps on on the warm side and one on the cool side. Give him choices so that he can go were he feels most comfortable. As far as the eating thing. When he feels most comfortable, he will eat. But I wouldn't worry too much about it just yet. They do that sometimes and will skip a meal of two, He also may be getting ready to shed. My snakes will not eat for a couple of weeks during the shedding process. As soon as they shed, they gulp it all down.

Comment

I don't think he is stressed. His tank is warm on one side and cool on the other and he has hide spots. He is in between sheds - he is doing that about every 5-6 weeks still. He's really laid back though. He is also spoiled. He's never been made to stay in his tank a lot and I usually let him wander within reason when I am home, but he does not want to be in his tank at all lately. I even swapped the rat for another one, but I guess sometimes snakes just do that.

Comment

Yeah, just like anyone else, even a snake can be s spoiled little brat!!!!! cwm12.gif I know if my girl had her way, she would never be in her tank. And with her being over 6.5 ft she puts up quite a fight when trying to get her back in her house. Now you did say that yours was a male right, maybe he just loves to be in your lingerie. LOL You know, just like a typical Male!!!!! LMAO!!!

Comment

Working...
        X