X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BOA setting in

Hi Guy's

Yust got the baby BOA ;D, how long will it take more or less for the little guy to settle in his new environment? I know that each snake is an individual and it might depends on the snake it self,but still I am curious - day's or weeks ???
    The little guys is about to start shedding, but when I offered a small mouse to the fella - zap !!! mouse eaten - quite
    ferocius!! WOW now I know what makes the BOA supperior 8)

Re: BOA setting in

It's great that it ate right away!!!!! As far as settling in time, usually a week or two. You are right all snake are individuals, so it may take more or less time. May I make a suggestion, feed it only Frozen/thaw rats. It is much safer for the snake!! b31.gif

Comment

Eating so soon is a pretty good sign that the boa is settling in fine. Just wait a few days now before you hold him, especially after eating.

Boas will isolate themselves in a hideaway or corner when they are adjusting to the new environment. As they settle in, you will see a lot of "prowling" at night.
      To gain knowledge is good, but to share knowledge is wise

-Best Regards
      -Clay English
      Founder Redtailboas.com 1998-2013

Comment

Hi Guy's

Thanks for the reply, the fellow had a complete shed Saturday night!! I was so exited ;D. Looks like he is doing well, I will start feeding frozen/thawed with the next feed witch is due friday. Yust one question though , should I feed him Fuzzy rats or pre-weanling rats ??? He is 2.2feet now so recon he must be yust over 3months old.

Kind Regards
        Chris

PS: if it wasnt for this forum and the exelent care guides..... it would have been very difficult :

Comment

As far as what rat to feed it. It all depends on the girth of the snake, not so much the length. Feed him a rat about the same thickness as he is in girth. If I had to guess, probably a fuzzy. But it's been awhile since I've had to feed a snake that small.   All of mine are between 4 and 6.5 feet. Congrats on the full shed!!! It took awhile before mine had a full shed. I'm still working on one of them.

Comment

hi,
             anD welcome, the boa's are sweet when they eat shed and have zero problems...
             I would like to suggest you download Clays care sheets, there's an excellent topic about converting to thawed and feeding size.
              Good Luck     Hope to see ya around
               doug [ftp]http://www.redtailboas.com/general_care/general_care.html[/ftp]
            Download the care sheets they are awsome.. ;D

Comment

Hi Guy's

I am fairly impressed with this "little" fellow 8), Last night was the first attempt to feed him a tawed rat pub (he only ate live stuff before), and he took it without hesitation!!!! So convertion is done succesfully ;D

Yet again, thanks for the fantastic care guides and information :

Please see the photo attached: THIS is PEBBLES!!!!

Comment

The size of your boa suggests that Fuzzy rats would be appropriate. Or even Larger Pinkie Rats. The preweaned rats would be too big at this point.

You should notice a slight lump after the boa eats. If you are seeing something that looks abnormal then it was too big.
                To gain knowledge is good, but to share knowledge is wise

-Best Regards
                -Clay English
                Founder Redtailboas.com 1998-2013

Comment

Working...
                X