Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can a female BCI reach 9 ft. without powerfeeding?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can a female BCI reach 9 ft. without powerfeeding?

Happy thanksgiving everyone!! I have a female BCI and I was wondering if it will ever reach 9 ft on a normal feeding schedule (1 rat per feeding). I have a 4ft/2ft/1ft boaphile cage and I hope it's large enough to house her for her entire life.

Re: Can a female BCI reach 9 ft. without powerfeed

If she is a big girl it may happen but not for like 20 more years... They starte to grow real slow after the first 3-4 years with a major drop off at 2 years... I would have to say your snake probley will not get that big.. But from what I have herd there are snakes that seem to stop growing after a some years and some grow there hole life...(Now I know that boa's grow there hole life but some alot faster then others.) So it is a possibility... Now do you know that your snake is a bci full blooded.. from what I under stand 9' is some thing you see in bcc often so it your snake is a bcc x or just a bcc then I would have to say that your snake if kept properly it will probley reach the 9' mark... well that is my two cents.. I am sure that some body with more years under there belt might be able to give you more for sure answers...
    I hope I could help..
    Eric aka...Red
    P.s. The cage that you have your boa in is what alot of people keep there bci's in for there hole life...

Comment

The cage that you have your boa in is what alot of people keep there bci's in for there hole life...
      I have a 4ft/2ft/1ft boaphile cage and I hope it's large enough to house her for her entire life
      Actually... It is the 4x2x [either 2 or 3'] that a lot of people keep them in for life That extra foot does make a HUGE difference for the snake btw.

I have a female BCI and I was wondering if it will ever reach 9 ft on a normal feeding schedule (1 rat per feeding).
      Sure it can reach a length of 9' on a "normal" feeding regime with no powerfeeding involved np. ;D There are MANY factors that are involved in the potential sizing of a snake other than the feeding also fyi. Feeding does play a major role though.
      Also note that if you continue to feed the snake 1 rat for feeding the rest of it's life as you have stated....Chances are that the snake will NOT reach a potential size like 9' most likely. The snake MUST be fed with a proper feeding regime in order to attain any potential size growth which it may possess. Ie.. Once the snake reaches the next prey size level.. it must be fed taking such in regards with it's prey item[s] being stepped up also. Also.. at a certain point.. rats become too small basically to sustain any further growth in the snake and the prey should be upgraded to something such as a rabbit possibly to allow it to move forward in both growth and nutrient supplied content to the specific snake.
      BTW.. I currently have in my collection quite a few BCI that are in the 9' range or in excess of it even [ they were NOT powerfed either to reach such sizing ;D ;D
      Here's one of them if the pic shows....This is VALENTINA

Comment

Lori, how big was valentina when she was 2 years old?

Comment

Working...
        X