This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laws???

I live in Oregon and was wondering if any laws apply to keeping a large snake (which mine will be), and walking around with it outside.

Are you alive or just living?

Re: Laws???

I would check with your local animal control folks as they would be best able to advise on this for your area. But you do want to always remember that there are peeps that have extreme phobias of snakes not all are like us. so it is best to be very carfull as to when and where you take your snake. There is a very good section covering this issue in the BOA CONSTRICTOR MANUAL by Philippe de Bosjoli, Jeff Ronne, and Roger Klingenberg. I would recommend this as a definant read.

The Hawk

Comment

HI,
      One of the forum moderators had a paranoid home owner in her neighborhood complain to animal control that she was taking risk keeping large snakes in her home to her children and her neighbors, I wouldn't attract to much attention to your reptile or you may have problems,, and remember your  city council can come up with a  zoning policy overnite to meet a special need making it illegal to keep certian sized  reptile in their city.
         If a group of people are phobic about repitles they will go to great lenghts
      to make them illegal pets. :P
       yea its a free country just don't tick the neighbors off..

doug
      psps I take guyana to a local pet store in a special case for show and tell, [ftp]http://animaljungle.com/[/ftp]
      awsome pet store, they are welcome buy the owner and I can sort of have fun with people who may be interested in snakes..thats about as good as it gets, for me,.and I am careful to not push any snake on a scared person or child, Ive notice the Guyana's dont like people who are afraid of them they really tense up and pull away...

Comment

Thanks for the info, i live in a fraternity and understand the drastic feeling twords snakes in general. I think I'll just keep em on the down low.

Save the world by making it your B1tch!

Comment

Where did you find a frat house in corvallis?? I live in asland, OR Right by medford... I have been to corvallis alot and I didn't even know thay had a colledge...
          Eric aka...Red
          P.s. This is a lesson I leared very quikly... never hand a baby snake to some body that you don't know how they will react... Or any snake for that matter. I had sombody want to hold my baby corn snake once and they said that they had been keeping snake for years...(you will hear this alot... Most people hav'ent and the one's that have are usly not good keepers.)
          well the snake tryed to crawl up the girls are and she feeked out and swated it off her arm.. well no one but me hold's my snakes now... And some of my friends..

Comment

the frat houses are down 25th st comming off of van buren.

Comment

I live in the san fernando valley and I had to get a wild animal permit to keep a boa.

Comment

Working...
              X