This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st SHED WOOHOO

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ZACK FINALY SHED I AM SO RELIEVED.... execept for one part... YES both of his eyecaps came off but about an inch or so of skin didnt come off the end of his tail. ??? is this going to affect him? what should i do? soak him in warm water and try to soften it up or just let him grow and let it shed off with his next shed? And.. he moved up from pinkies(mice) to fuzzie mice he is not even a year old yet and he is about 2 1/4 feet long and really round.... i will get a picture in very soon because today is my dads birthday and he is getting a digital camera woohoo!! well i need some advice here.. Oh yeah, he shed about 3 weeks ago... i thaught that the skin would dry up and fall of but it didnt so i am getting worried..so i need some answers guys hahaha what should i do i dont want my sname to lose his tail or anything.. Thanks a lot guys....

Randy

hhahah retarded word "sname" Correction

i meant snake heheheh sorry

Randy : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :

Comment

Re: 1st SHED WOOHOO

Two things. #1 use some mineral oil and get the rest off. I've seen snakes including a Red-Tail lose a piece of its tail because circulation was cut off there. #2 your Boa should be eating rat pups, but if you want to stay with mice use hoppers. Fuzzies are not enough.

Good luck 8)

Comment

how do i put pics on here hey thanks tc. umm yeah i have pics of my boa....how do i post em? randy

Comment

T.C. is correct. Boas can develop a problem with the tip of their tails if the sheds do not completely come off. This unshed skin builds up over time and becomes too strong to tear, and will not let the tail grow with the rest of the body. Try the mineral oil, or if you don't have any of that, check into a Shed-Aide or Shed-Ease product available at your pet stores.

You will need to manually help get the rest of the skin off. Sometimes soaking the tail in warm water will allow you to get it off.

Not to the pictures. In order for you to post them yourself, the pictures must have a "live" internet address like, www.photosmart.com/photos/max2008/boapic1.jpg, whic is just an example.

If the pics are just on your local computer then just send them to me in an email and I will help you post them.
          To gain knowledge is good, but to share knowledge is wise

-Best Regards
          -Clay English
          Founder Redtailboas.com 1998-2013

Comment

Hey im not an expert but I have a ball that always sheds in
            pieces,I let him swim in a tank of warm water for about 2 hours
            then rub him down with a towel and it slids off.

Comment

Hi,
              I used to have problem shed until i raised the humidity in the tank. You should raise it a little higher than the norm around shed.min 60% to max around 70% . Or when the gray starts, this has helped that shed thing for me. another neat trick is to put the boa in a warmed coleman  cooler with a damp or moist almost wet  towel for around 1 hour, then gently try to roll the skin off with gentle friction, be gentle...Once the skin is  moist it usally slides right off. DOn't try this with retained eye cap thats a whole different problem, Get that humidty measuring device and shoot for around 70 % on shed week  in your tank ..
                good luck, I have'nt had one shed problem in  year since doing this.
                doug

Comment

wow this is an old post lol its a year old... i did get that skin thingy resolved though.. Umm... thanks Doug for that reply ;D hehe.. I don't know what brought this post to the top but it's kinda weird. Well Zack is shedding again as I am typing this. I will have pictures of him tommorow...

Later,
                Randy

Comment

Working...
                X