X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• howell8303
    replied
    Re: tounge flicking

Let somebody else pick him up and see if he flicks more. If he doesnt I would be a drop concerned because that is their trade mark.Is he or she warm when you pick them up sometimes when my snakes were alittle cooler during winter months they wouldnt flick as much.

Leave a comment:

• LORI
    replied

When he is disturbed he just flicks his toung once or twice and then he dosent do it anymore

Then sounds like he flicks a bit to check things out.. and is satisfied and doesn't need to do such anymore far as he is concerned. As you prolly know by now.. They utilize the tongue flicking in order to take in particales from the air around them to "check things out " is what's going on. If they are satisfied...secure, not looking for food, and/or not seeking heat then they have no need to tongue flicker really.

Leave a comment:

• Josh
    replied

I just got him from clay a week ago. When he is disturbed he just flicks his toung once or twice and then he dosent do it anymore. My other snakes flick there tounge all the time when held. He has only been in his new cage a little over a week so I havnt messed with him to much.

Thanks Lori

-Josh

Leave a comment:

• LORI
    replied

Oh just noticed that you say when you pick him up..
    Does he tongue flick when he is in his cage much then..ie is this only when you pick him up that you see low tongue flicking going on ? If so.. then he is just comfortable with you is all I would say.

Leave a comment:

• LORI
    replied

How long have you had him ? Was he a major tongue flicker previously ? If he has always done a tom of flicking and now is not.. could be a couple things..
    He could have become very comfortable with you and sees no need to tongue flicker big time anymore.
    He could have something wrong going on. Is everything else like it should be healthwise with him ?

I have boas that tongue flicker tons and some that just don't. It doesn't always mean something is wrong but cetrtainly take a look at everything just to make sure is all.

Leave a comment:

• Josh
    started a topic tounge flicking

tounge flicking

My little guy hardly ever flicks his tounge when pick him up is the okay or is this a sign of a proplem.

Thanks
    -Josh
Working...
X