X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tatdaddy
    replied
    Re: how long?

Glad to see that I am not the only one haveing trouble doing this.

Joshua

Leave a comment:

• Red
    replied

You think a boa is hard try a baby corn snake... Well I use the sting trick my self... But I have used another method that works.. If you have a wall with nothing placed up against it then you can let the lil' bugger go and a lot of the time the snake will kreep right along the wall I have got my 5' boa to do this a couple times... Then all you have to do is messure it.. I don't have a wall that long any more so I just use the string... I also have found this thing for tying bounderis on construcktion sites.. It tells you how many inches you have taken out of string... this is handy too..
    Well have fun trying..
    Eric aka...Red
    P.s. There is also a place on the net that if you have a pic of your snake with somthing you know the exact size of (ie. bic lighter, doller bill or somthing like that..) They can tell you how wide you snake is and how long... I will look for the link... tc told me about it I think so I may be on this site...

Leave a comment:

• ClayEnglish
    replied

One of the funniest things you will see is when someone posts a picture of a boa in a perfectly straight line.

Everyone will respond to the post as "Quick!!! Measure that boa."

It is a difficult proposition. I use markings on the floor and I have a place that the boas will generally crawl in a straight line. And although it is not an exact science, it gets pretty close.

The other and I think easier way is to know the exact dimensions of your cage.

Example 4X2X2. It is more likely that you will see the boa stretched out in the enclosure and then you can reasonably guess the length that way.

Again, not exact science, but it gets close.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

LOL,...no kidding . Everytime I am ready to measure they move out of position >. It is an extreme pain trying to get an accurate measurement. But yeah, the string method seems to be the best way, atleast to my knowledge.

Leave a comment:

• LORI
    replied

LOL.. Good luck ! Getting an accurate measurement on length is a pITA ! LOL. Basically I use the string thing myself here. Just take a piece long enough and keep placing it along the snake's body and then measure the whole thing afterwards is all. Other than a dead snake.. I have yet to find an accurate way to get an accurate measurement on a snake really. UGH.

Leave a comment:

• tatdaddy
    replied

That is how I have been soing it. I was just wondering if there was an easier way. My little man tends to wiggle a bit. Thank's though.

Joshua

Leave a comment:

• Jonathon
    replied

and i forgot to mention, once you get to the end of the snake, mark the string/rope where the snakes tail ended, and stretch the string/rope out, and measure with a tape measure. just put the tape measure against the string/rope, and there you have it. now i know your confused. actually i am a little confused too ???. just kidding ;D. hope it helps.

Leave a comment:

• Jonathon
    replied

well while the snake is being still. get some thick string or rope and start the end of the string/rope from the nose of the snake and run the string against the back of the snake, and make sure the rope stays on the snake, and measure all the way to the tail. hope i didnt confuse you more ???. hope that help

Leave a comment:

• tatdaddy
    started a topic how long?

how long?

Well I have found a question to put on the boards. What is the easeiest way to mesure how long your snake is? :-/
    Joshua
Working...
X