This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible Feeding Problem

When I bought my snake ,I took him out of the cup and cleaned a new 10 gallon tank which is a stupid thing to do because they grow so fast in the first year that I should have bought a bigger tank,so my problem is that when I first got the snake I took him out of the cup and put in a box and put a live mouse in and within secs. my snake had the mouse and constricted him and continued to eat him as a healthy snake would do but now it is 7 days later and I have been trying to feed him a live mouse again .the temp dropped last night because the light burnt out and I picked him up in the morning and held him on my chest so he could warm up and then put him in a cup to transport him to another place to feed him. I put the live mouse in the box and tried to feed him like the first time but lil red was not interested but the mouse kept walking over the snake which I didnt like so I didnt want the snake to get bite,I took the mouse out and tried again half hour later I heard that prekilled mice were better to feed because I have children and snakes arent as aggressive if fed with fresh killed so I am trying it because the snake wont take live prey.but my snake wont eat so I am going to leave him in the box with the mouse overnight and hope for a reply as to why my snake wont eat. If I prekill the mouse and the snake does not eat,do I freeze the mouse ,throw it away,disregard the mouse s if it was never there and buy a new one.I will try the towel over the tank to maintain the humidity and will let you know what happens in a day or 2 ,please relpy, and Thanks from lil red who is approx. a foot and half long and about 4-5 months oldthanks again for your replies I hope !

Re: Possible Feeding Problem

I don't know what it is... Do you have any temp. guages or anything for the humidity to be monitored with... don't leave a mouse that is walking in a cage with a snake with suppervision.. and even then I would not do it in less nessary... anyway... It could be alot of things.. make sure all of the husbandry that clay has layed out for you in his care sheet is met give the snake a few days(2-3) in the cage with all of the husbandry met and then try to feed.... If at this point you are still having a problem wright back...
    Eric aka...Red

Comment

Re: Possible Feeding Problem

I own a Ball Pythons and I have never had a feeding problem. Here is the trick that has worked for me. I feed pre-killed rats that I buy from Rodent Pro very good except shipping tends to cost alot. Any way I feed them in the backyard they seem to like it and they seem to go into and attack mode or something. I place them 15 feet away and my BP starts his hunt when he picks up on the scent. He has got so docile that he dosen't constrict anymore he just opens his mouth, but when he is outside he goes nuts on the mouse

Comment

Working...
      X