This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok...it's not vital but.....

Does anyone happen to have tips on how to get spot off of glass that would be safe on the inside of Phantoms enclosure. I can deal with it if I have to...I don't want to use anything that will be bad for him. It would just be nice!

Re: Ok...it's not vital but.....

Wait until the next time you empty out the tank to clean it up real good. Use some Windex or something like that. Bissel makes this glass cleaner that's like a foamy spray. It works great. Grab some of the nylon scouring pads from Dollar General, Wal-Mart, wherever. This (pending the water stains haven't been there too terribly long) should aleviate the problem. ;D

Comment

Well it's not a hard water stain or anything...I just can't get the glass clear. Is it safe to use Windex inside his enclosure? I thought about it but wasn't sure.

Comment

Next time you clean the cage you might want to try vinager & water; for every tea spoon of vinegar dilute it with about a 1/2 cup of water. Wipe out the inside of the cage with a rag with the solution on it, then go over it with clean water to get rid of the vinegar (since most people don't appreciate the smell) it's what I use and it seems to work without having to worry about the chemicals in windex & other commercial glass cleaners.  

Comment

I use a little lemon juice on a towel. it keeps the glass very clean between good cleanings. Just wipe with damp cloth and dry well afterwards.

Comment

Is it safe to use Windex inside his enclosure?

Hmm.. I have always been in the understanding that windex is not one of the good things to be using for cleaning the cages at all. So i have never tried such or reccomended it either myself.

Comment

Ok so I am a custodian and I use this stuff all day long... I can tell you right now that the only thing that windex does is leave's a resadue on your glass... Witch is real bad for you or your rep... that is why it is easy the second time you use it not the first... I use hot water and a scrubbing pad... it works real good and when you are done you can use reg. old hot water again to make a streak free shine... all the glass cleaners do is make the stuff evaperate quik... so if you use really hot watter it will do the same thing... Just rub the glass intell the water is all gone...
              well I tryed to post on this a couple day's ago but the computer I was useing would not let me...
              Eric aka...Red

Comment

Okay, I don't use Windex. When stating that it was a potential agent, I didn't realize it left a residue. I use the foamy Bissel stuff, which doesn't leave a residue. After that, a damp cloth and a little airing time does fine. That's how I've always done it w/ all my reptiles.

Comment

Working...
                X