This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pastel or Hogg?

I just bought a real nice looking boa. It's my second one, I just bought my first boa 3 weeks earlier(I thought he could use a female). When I first found this website I thought you guys were all crazy. Saying one isn't enough, well look at me now. LOL! Anyway's I bought her in a pet store. Since I'm new at this, from all the pics I've seen of pastel & Hogg's they look the same to me. I asked the guy if she was a pastel or a Hogg. Well guess what he said "I don't know". I bought her regardless because she's so awesome looking. So here's a good question. Is there any way to tell them apart?

Thanks,
    Jason

Re: Pastel or Hogg?

If you could post a pic or two, there are several people on here that could tell you which she is. I can't really get it in my head how to try and explain how to differentiate between the two atm.

-which is real good. My Cust. Service class starts in eleven minutes & I can't get my mind working. ;D

Comment

HI ,
      The  hogs are very different from the pastel bci.
      here's a pic of a hog island boa, they can change color on a whim here's rose in a lighter color.

this is rose with a bit darker complexion

the next picture is of a pastel/hypo BCI

have a great day.
        Ps if you gonna buy another  one see if Clay can ship to Canada. ..
        His snakes are reasonably priced and have excellent colors . Both the animals in this post were from Clay.
        doug

Comment

It will definately take a picture to make the determination for you, so post one if you can.

And Doug, Ship those two boas back to me IMMEDIATELY. I must have made a shipping error or something, those boas are way too nice to sell. I must be a complete idiot!!! s3.gif s3.gif s3.gif
        To gain knowledge is good, but to share knowledge is wise

-Best Regards
        -Clay English
        Founder Redtailboas.com 1998-2013

Comment

OK they do look a lot different, but if you look at the pics of the ones for sell on this web site. They both have alot of pink in them and not much black. And there's a few other websites that are the same way. I guess a pic isn't 100% accurate either. And I'll post some pics anyways.

And you have some great looking boas.

Thanks,
          Jason

Comment

Working...
          X