This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• only smart people need apply

O.K> Sorry about the tittle but i've been told numerous and sundrey story's and idea's and i want the dam facts here...........VITAMIN SUPPLIMENT??? i HAVE BEEN GIVING MY SNAKE ON OCASSION CENTRUM LIQUID IN(whoops sorry about the capital's) preinjected dead rats to my snake about evry month or so. now i friend of mine very very smart on snakes has a bout 50 or so said to do this but my "vet" said no vitamin K and others can do damage to there liver wel cwm15.gif s3.gif s3.gif s3.gif s3.gif s3.gif s3.gif s3.gifl instead of crying to Clays forum rite away i decide to do online research to no avail
    I found some care sheets on vitamins being a must!!! to contradict that my vet said if your feeding your snake full dead rats hat is enough. now see i wanna not only keep him healthy but also fend off any possible atacks of mouth rot belly rot or infection. please help but only good sollid proof please. cwm15.gif cwm15.gif s3.gif s3.gif s3.gif

Re: only smart people need apply

I been keeping for 25+ years. have NEVER had to supplement my snakes feed like you are saying at all in all that time. NEVER had health issues come up from not doing such either...

Comment

I have never added any supplements to my boa constrictor diet. 100% rats!

I am not one qualified to speak to the damage or benefits of such supplements, just that they are not required.
      To gain knowledge is good, but to share knowledge is wise

-Best Regards
      -Clay English
      Founder Redtailboas.com 1998-2013

Comment

If you haven't purchased the book titled 'The Boa Constrictor Manual' then I would suggest that you do.  The books Authors are Philippe de Vosjoli, Roger Klingenberg, and Jeff Ronne.

In this book the only vitamin mentioned is Vitamin C.  The book says Vitamin C has been shown to play a role in reducing the probability of Mouth Rot, and in maintaining the integrity of the skin.  

I understand why people say to inject suppliments into frozen/thawed rodents; the reason it is suggested is because some vitamins are lost during the freezing process.  

But it is usually not enuff to worry about, and there are plenty of people who don't use suppliments who have PERFECTLY HEALTHY snakes.

Comment

Thanks for the replys all you people sound smart but viper
          knows what im talking about with the freezing process and sun/light vitamin requirments I guees I just wanna be perfect i had asnake die on me once and i don't wanna keep second guessing myself you here soooooooooooooo many people say stuuff like they know what there talkin about but then someone says somthin to totally be different but makes sense.

Comment

Working...
          X