This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orchid Bark?

I think thats how you spell it, I am to lazy to go downstairs and look. But anyhow i have been using this for years and years for my corn's, and i am using it for my Tegu and Red Tail now. Is this a good bedding or is there better stuff? If there is what is it.

Re: Orchid Bark?

I have no clue what it is but I only use fir barks. ;D

Comment

well i had the same ? when i first got my redtail.
      clay had told me to use aspen. you can get it at
      wallmart for about $3 and that will last you a long
      time.

Comment

Yea at LLL reptile you can get it in bulk for 18 bucks. I am gona switch to that probably.

Comment

I use orchid bark for my smaller boas, I find thay like it, + it looks good, however I use paper for my adults, I would love to use orchid bark for them but its a wast, when thay go thay dont half go if you know what I mean and the orchid bark costs to much to replace so often.

Comment

I agree with lukeUK. Aspen is great for the smaller snakes. I have found that with larger snakes, newspaper is the easiest (maybe not the best looking. With the aspen, my ball would push it around and leave bare spots on the enclosure floor. It was good when she was smaller though.

Clay will be shipping my boa next week ;D and I will start with the Aspen but probably switch to paper within the year.

Comment

Bark has advantages and disadvantages. I have switched to indoor/outdoor carpet in all my tanks. My house stays cleaner, my tanks and snakes stay cleaner, and it is cheaper. I bought a 10 foot by 9 foot piece at Home depot for $20 and made 2 pieces for each tank out of it. It is easy to replace and clean and if there are any mite issues they are easier to see, and treat. I included a picture. The carpet is available in many colors and is easy to cut.

Comment

Working...
              X