This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeding

My new hogg will only eat if I hold the rat infront of her face with tongs. How long should I go on feeding her this way? What is the trick to getting her to feed where I can just place the rat in the tub and letting her eat?

Thanks
    Josh

Re: Feeding

it is up to the snake. My hogg is 1 year next week and I still have to wave the rat infront of him to get him to eat. My bci on the other hand, snags it out of the air when I drop it in the feeding container

Comment

like ryan said it really does depend on the snake. my bci also takes the rodent out of mid air. my green tree python will only strike if the rodent is dangled in from of him. my solomon island tree boa will eat no matter how u feed him, and my ball python will only eat if the rodent is placed in front of her hide box.

Comment

Well I might as well add also.
        My two corns eat like friggin crazy. they will eat during a shed, before a shed, anytime. And they try and get it even before I take it out the box. But my Red Tail only takes it if you put it in front of him and let it walk around.

Comment

Working...
        X