X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tank/snake

i have a 55gal tank and my snake is about 1yrs old
    how long do you think it should be before i get him a new one?
    or actually how old should he be. right now he is only about
    4foot long but hes growing like a weed.

Re: tank/snake

i really never have to upgrade my enclosures because i always start out with an enclosure that can house a snake for there entire lives. however if i had to buy a larger enclosure it would be as soon as i had the money. the bigger the better and the problem with a 55 gallon cage is that the width is very narrow, only 12 inches i believe.

Comment

I would say get one now and never go back to glass... unless you want to have a problem with humidity... Like I have a rosy boa so a glass tank is great.. But a boa it realy sux.. You can get a perty good cage from jeff ronne for like 200$ That is a 4'Lx2'Wx1'H Boa's use more ground space and need less head room...
      Well have a good one this is just my .02
      Eric aka...Red

Comment

It's not really the age of the snake but more so the size of the snake that will determine when you need a new larger cage for it.
        I use many tanks here with snakes, even the BOAs like BCI/BCC and i do not have humidity problems with em either. One just has to figure out what works best is all for what you are keeping and meeting temp/humidity settings is all. A lot of it is trial and error IMO. I have tanks that have low humidity and house desert ss of reptiles and also have high humidity tanks going that house things like BRB's.
        In regards to huge caging for lifetime.. i am one of those that doesn't beleive a small snake should be housed in a HUGE enclosure, but that's the way I do things. The various reasons have been displayed all over forums such as these here also.

Comment

Working...
        X