X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SECOND YEAR SHED

ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEA HOW MANY TIMES A SNAKE
    SHEDS IN ITS SECOND YEAR I KNOW ALL SNAKES ARE DIFFRENT BUT I WAS JUST WANTING A ROUND ABOUT IDEA :-* :P : ??? 8) ;D

Re: SECOND YEAR SHED

that really depends on how well and how often they eat, and also if they have alot of room to grow i have noticed that they tend to shed very quickly....my snake is just now going into her second year and since i got her she has been sheding atleast once a month if not every 3 weeks....she has tripled her size and someone told me that was due to the fact that she had a very large cage to grow in, and that she was a very good eater....

Comment

Size of growth is directly proportional to the amount of feeding.

Boas will shed an average of every 4 to 6 weeks through the first year, and then every 6 to 12 weeks through the second year.

These figures are quite vague, but so is the real life shedding cycle.

I have had a 5 year old male breeding boa shed, then 1 week later he was placed with a female for breeding, and immediately went into another shed cycle. Weird but true.
      To gain knowledge is good, but to share knowledge is wise

-Best Regards
      -Clay English
      Founder Redtailboas.com 1998-2013

Comment

well i have had tiny for a little over a month now and he has shed twice i have took him to the vet for a check up he is doing great i got him for my boyfriend for a birthday present and believe it or not snakes was one of my worst fears i swore i was not going to have anything to do with him well as you can hear i am now dedicated to the snake and to this web site if it wasnt for this web site i wouldnt have learned all the beautiful thing there was /is to learn about them i now put him around my neck and have went for a ride with him in my car by myself i still get a little scard sometime but i think that just comes with my faer of being terrified of them for so long. now i look forward to coming home and looking at him.i think hes going to become my morning coffee partner. : ;D :P :-[ :-* :-/

Comment

Working...
        X