X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BOAS AND PLANTS

I HAVE A 1YR OLD BOA IN A 55GL TANK IS IT SAFE TO PUT
    A LIVE PLANT IN THE TANK WITH IT I HAVE SEEN SEVERAL PICS OF PLANTS IN ENCLOSURES WITH SNAKES BUT I CANT TELL IF THERE ARTIFICIAL OR NOT. IF SO ARE THERE ONLY CERTAIN KINDS?

Re: BOAS AND PLANTS

i am pretty sure that there are certain types of plants that can be safely used in boa enclosure( but i am not sure which ones they are). i am sure someone on the forum will comment on which ones are safe. a problem that i do see with live plants would be maintenance. you are better off keeping the cage nice and simple so cleanup is easy. i also think that as your boa grows larger he will be likely to climb on and crush small plants unless your cage is going to be large enough to plant very sturdy plants. artificial plants will work just as well and you wont have to worry about there maintenace.

Comment

not sure about the plants bothering the boa but my skinks used to eat them so I had to know for sure but I agree cruching and killing them is very likely as your snake explores. The plants wouldn't stand a chance. You could always try a tree?

Comment

HEY GUYS THANKS FOR THE REPLY
        I THINK MY BEST BET IS TO TRY SOME ARTIFICIAL ONES AT THIS POINT. THANKS
        KIM

Comment

Probably safer to use artificial ones anyway. Those you can run through a dishwasher once a month would be best.

And they are LOW maintenance... Even I could not kill one of them ;D
          To gain knowledge is good, but to share knowledge is wise

-Best Regards
          -Clay English
          Founder Redtailboas.com 1998-2013

Comment

Working...
          X