This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeding Problems

I just bought My Colombian Red Tailed from LLL Reptile, and looks very healthy. But when I brought it home she spit out the fuzzy they feed her the day before. I wated 3 days and tryed feeding her today a smaller fuzzy but she wont eat it. What should I do!

Re: Feeding Problems

I think she threw up because she was stressed from the change of environment. that is just my opinion though. wait 10 days so your snake can build up some stomach juices, then try to feed again. Try not to hold her for a couple days so she can acclimate to her surroundings.

Comment

I agree Ryan. You have to remember that snakes are like us. When they regurge, they won't feel like eating again right away. For us, that waiting period may only be a few hours; but a snake's metabolism is slower so that same period would be longer.

As to the initial regurge, it could very well be due to the trip that took place the day after the snake fed. They really shouldn't be transported for 2-3 days after being fed to avoid this.

Comment

I would have to agree with everyone else. The process of being purchased and transported is very stressful on animals. I don't feed my new snakes for about a week until they are settled in.

Comment

Hi,
           Be sure your cage ambient temps are 82 deg, they can't digest their food if its to cool, I like some type of uth tied into a thermostat that cycles to prevent over heating.
           that belly heat is great for boa's trying to digest. If boa's aren't warm enough the food goes bad really fast and they must regurge to prevent food poisoning.
          and finally if the food was  bad to begin with it would stil regurge .
             good luck.               Doug
            if you have a few  snakes order from a rat breeder their food is  excelent and fresh, I ordered a small order of 2/20 frozen just weined(sp) rats  and about 15 large the were in excellent shape and smell fresh, I have never purchased from a pet store frozen that didn't  smell sour s7.gif
            doug

Comment

Thanks for all your help, she is getting used to her home now, moving around alot, thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X