Boa size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [General Care] Boa size

This is the picture of an 8 month old being advertised for sale. Is she really small or is mine really large (2nd picture).??

Mine is 6 months old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Boa size

Yours looks pretty big for 6 months.
    Previously jjurczyk

facebook.com/k1ssy

Comment

I've spaced her out to eating every two weeks...she was born on June 18th. I got her in September and she was little and quite thin. I had been feeding her weekly but don't want to get her fat so changed. This is her when i got her:

Comment

It could be younger, but as long as its at a healthy weight for its size I wouldnt worry about it too much. Beautiful coloration by the way!

Comment

Imo, that Boa is huge for being 6 months old. . . it looks more like 16 moths old. But 2 week intervals is definitely spacing out the feedings for a young Boa . Maybe smaller sized rodents ? I have a handful of 2014 Boas here that were born in June , and some earlier - the are all still on weaned mice.

Comment

Yours looks pretty big for her age.

Comment

I'm going to try not to stress about this. She is a nice square shape, great feeding response slamming small rats, is friendly and loves to hang out. I wanted a big snake...I guess she is going to be lol. She is definitely 6 months cuz the breeder showed me her when she was just born but I hadn't committed 100% to getting a boa yet. Finally when she was all I thought about day and night, especially as each time I visited her she seemed to be getting thinner, I pulled the trigger and brought her home. The breeder was beginning to have some issues and his snakes are not looking good now. Makes me sad to see dirty cages and empty water bowels, sheds not cleaned out, and the last time I was there he had a mite infestation. I burned my clothes lol!

Comment

Working...
              X