Eco earth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Substrate] Eco earth?

Just a quick question. When I got my first snake I was using cypress mulch and have recently switched to paper towels. I'm have noticed that my snakes are staying in their hides more since I've switched. I'm thinking it's because they don't like to move as much on the paper and had one person suggest using Eco earth. What do you think and what do you use? Any pictures of their cages with the substrate would be appreciated.

Re: Eco earth?

I've never tried Eco earth. I use aspen and yes, it's a bit dusty but it's what I like and my snakes seem to like it as well. Hopefully someone else can chime in that has used it. As far as the hides go, I have no idea. I start my babies out on paper towels and they seem ok with it. Once they reach a certain age, I switch them to aspen and they love to burrow in it!
    http://berkeleyknebel.wix.com/mississippimorphs

Photo credit:Eddie Ard .....Banner Credit:Big PaPa Ernest

Comment

I use cypress mulch or Eco earth for my BRB AND CRB. Forest or aspen bedding is good bedding to me. If you are using the tubs then i encourage you to use paper towel but if your boas are in a cage or terrarium i would go with using the bedding. Do a test run, cause you mention that since you went to paper towel and your boas continue to stay hiding. Try and put the bedding back in and see what happens.
      sigpicJrock23

Comment

I prefer cypress mulch over Eco Earth. Unless it's changed since I used it, Eco Earth is basically dirt. It kind of gets everywhere and is hard to clean. I use it in my green anole cage because I have live plants in there but everyone else is either on aspen, bark, or cypress mulch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        “I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by.” -DA
        www.outworldreptiles.com

Comment

i used eco earth with my boa and king snake for a while. it was fine they seemed to like it. i switched to aspen because its easier to clean and it doesnt get all in ther water bowl if they slide in for a dip.

Comment

So I bought a smaller thing of Eco Earth for my Motley and added some moss to it. Put him in and he buried himself under it and now just sits with his nose out. He seems to love the stuff. Not sure I'll use it with the Ghost or the Retic though

Comment

Eco earth isn`t good bedding for a retic, I would use aspen or cypress mulch. Just my opinion..
              sigpicJrock23

Comment

Working...
              X