Long enough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Handling] Long enough

I have had my little guy for 9 days he has fed once with me.. Witch he did great by the way hahahah but do you thhink i will be good to start handling him its killing me to wait lol hes just so cute and i wanna handle him... If its best for him i wait but 9 days should i be ok ?

Re: Long enough

You're still typing so you're not dead or dying yet...LOL! This was already asked & answered...BEST advice is to wait until he has easily fed a couple times (& allowed to digest a few days) BEFORE you handle.
    You are obviously hoping for a different answer...but you won't get one from me, sorry.

Think of it this way: when ppl bring a baby home from the hospital, they don't start trying to play ball, you know? All babies need time to grow a little stronger...and the good news is that snakes are MUCH
    faster than human babies...but they STILL need some time to adjust & grow for best results....ok?

And ask yourself this: if you go ahead & don't take this advice...and he stops eating...are you experienced enough to persuade him to eat? I think not... Having a pet of any sort requires the maturity to do
    the RIGHT thing...otherwise, stick with 'toys' that aren't living creatures.

Comment

I will add that I've been in your shoes, though it's been many years...and I can recall not knowing any better and sure enough, making things more difficult than they needed to be. I assume this is why you are here,
      asking those of us with the experience to steer you clear of problems?

Also please remember that when you do start to handle this snake not to over-do it....hey, I still think snakes are irresistably cute, you have my sympathy...welcome to the club!

Comment

Short answer. Give him another week or so.

Tim

http://www.facebook.com/BoidsOhio?bookmark_t=page

Comment

LOL now you know the reason for owning multiple snakes. If one of them just ate, or is in shed, or there's some other reason that it should be left alone, then you've got another that you can fool with.

Comment

Originally posted by bcr_229 View Post
            LOL now you know the reason for owning multiple snakes. If one of them just ate, or is in shed, or there's some other reason that it should be left alone, then you've got another that you can fool with.
            I almost said that too...it's VERY true of me: when I first got into snakes it didn't take very long for me to add to my 'family', LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by bcr_229 View Post
              I tried using that on my husband and you know what? I didn't work so well.
              http://berkeleyknebel.wix.com/mississippimorphs

Photo credit:Eddie Ard .....Banner Credit:Big PaPa Ernest

Comment

Originally posted by zamora View Post
                Ha! When mine goes to the pet shop for live feeders more often than not he'll call to ask if there's a spot available in QT because he saw something he just had to have!

Comment

Originally posted by zamora View Post
                  [MENTION=7407]zamora[/MENTION] So what you have to do is just pull the trigger. It's better to ask forgiveness than permission. I'm not saying that's what I'm doing...
                  Last edited by Pandorasdad; 02-10-2015, 11:57 AM. Reason: Fix the @ mention.

-Sean in NoCal
                  “Americanism means the virtues of courage, honor, justice, truth, sincerity, and hardihood – the virtues that made America.”
                  -Teddy Roosevelt.

Comment

Working...
                  X