Week two successful

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Misc] Week two successful

Shed in one piece one night I was stoked, Then he ate reaalllllyyy good again. Finally can start handling him on Saturday let him digest hope he is still the sweat heart he was 2 weeks ago lol. Does he learn your good by you misting him down changing water and such does he start to learn you smell and think your not a predator?

Re: Week two successful

Good to hear that things are going well!

I would not go so far as to say that a boa will necessarily "learn your smell", but I do believe they can be - for the most part - conditioned to tolerate your presence and handling. This does not apply to every boa by any means, nor does it mean that you will never be on the receiving end of a bite.
    "An increase in reptile education can lead to a decrease in reptile discrimination." - Bebo

sigpic

Comment

Well I will be doing every day handling sessions starting Saturday not too long every day but enough where we will gets use to my handling with me, the pet store i got him from said he was in peoples hands more then in his cage and he was one of the sweetest snakes they have every had. Now i know that does not mean that in my cage but i have held him once and petted him while in cage multiple times and he seems to not mind me. So i hopping not to be on the receiving end of a bite but never know. But i do bleive that he will be a snake I can hold for hours when he is bigger and he will jsut hang out where very I go. Take him to school hahaha

Comment

Good to hear that everything is going good for you..
        sigpicJrock23

Comment

Working...
        X