Argentine x Colombian?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Misc] Argentine x Colombian?

Hey. So, I have been posting a lot. If this is a problem, admins are here for a reason, I guess. Anyway, I am looking to get a red tail soon and I saw an ad on CL and was wondering how the Argentine affects the husbandry and size of the snake. The guy told me that it stays smaller. Is this true? I tried googling it ('cause that's a verb now) and I didn't find anything. Thanks, y'all.

Re: Argentine x Colombian?

Argentine Boa(BCO) still get 6'+ so assuming the person is telling the truth, you are still looking at a potential 6-10' snake depending if its male or female. And "stays smaller", sure maybe compared to a BCC like a Suriname or Peruvian. Also it depends how much is Argentine vs Colombian. That will play into it too but again, an Argentine isn't a small snake. Its not like Retics where mixing a high amount of SD blood to a mainland will create a fairly smaller animal usually. You still got the dice roll and even an animal that is "supposed" to stay small can still grow big. So bottom line, anything sold on CL, take with a grain of salt and plan on an average of 6-8'.

Comment

Yes Argentina boas can reach 6-10'
      sigpicJrock23

Comment

There is a older lady on YouTube who has 2 huge Argentina boas, and I believe they are 10ft
        sigpicJrock23

Comment

Originally posted by Jrock23 View Post
          There is a older lady on YouTube who has 2 huge Argentina boas, and I believe they are 10ft
          I am almost 100% positive you are talking about "1softkiss" on youtube. She is an interesting woman with an extreme love for snakes.

Comment

Yes indeed she does, and her snakes are awesome. I love how she interact with them and talk to them, or letting people know her knowledge and she gives great detail information.
            sigpicJrock23

Comment

Originally posted by IGotHerps View Post
              So, I have been posting a lot. If this is a problem, admins are here for a reason, I guess.
              Post at will. Nothing wrong with high activity levels
              "An increase in reptile education can lead to a decrease in reptile discrimination." - Bebo

sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X