Tracking Program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Record Keeping] Tracking Program

Quick question for you guys. What kinds of computer software are you using for tracking. I downloaded the trial of HerperPro, but on their FB page it says they are no longer developing the program or the support for it. I have SnakeKeeper on my Iphone, but I'm not sure I like it.

Re: Tracking Program

Personally, I don't keep track. If I was breeding, I would, but I'd probably just write it all on a calendar.

Sent from my HTC One via Tapatalk

-Sean in NoCal
    “Americanism means the virtues of courage, honor, justice, truth, sincerity, and hardihood – the virtues that made America.”
    -Teddy Roosevelt.

Comment

not sure how computer savvy you are, but I have a mac with Microsoft excel on it. Excel is really great if you want to make spreadsheets, tables, or graphs. We use it a lot on school, seems complicated but if you are just keeping a chart it is super easy. I used it to record all of my additives in my saltwater reef tank when I had it.

Comment

I also use Excel spreadsheets. In the old days when I only had 10-20 snakes, I recorded everything on the spreadsheet and then transferred to to my iHerp page which made it really easy to see each snake's records. I just don't have the time to put it all in the computer anymore so I rely on the spreadsheets.
        http://berkeleyknebel.wix.com/mississippimorphs

Photo credit:Eddie Ard .....Banner Credit:Big PaPa Ernest

Comment

Originally posted by zamora View Post
          I also use Excel spreadsheets. In the old days when I only had 10-20 snakes, I recorded everything on the spreadsheet and then transferred to to my iHerp page which made it really easy to see each snake's records. I just don't have the time to put it all in the computer anymore so I rely on the spreadsheets.
          In the old days...... Didn't you just chisel the info into stone tablets [emoji41]

Tim

http://www.facebook.com/BoidsOhio?bookmark_t=page

Comment

Pencil/paper - computer programs are over-rated.

Comment

Originally posted by tsblair View Post
              In the old days...... Didn't you just chisel the info into stone tablets
              Why YES Tim, we did! Then some jackleg came along and invented the wheel and the rest is history!

http://berkeleyknebel.wix.com/mississippimorphs

Photo credit:Eddie Ard .....Banner Credit:Big PaPa Ernest

Comment

I help my brother care for his 36 ball pythons. We used to use excel but, switched to index cards. Easy to just clip on to the tub. You write when they last ate and their gram weight every two weeks. Good luck!

Comment

I use reptile scan. Very cool app that uses barcodes to track each animal. Well worth the money you pay for it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

iHerp made it pretty easy to add feeding info, though... put your snakes into some kind of organized groups and you select Batch Feed a Group. Super easy, I can do it from my phone or tablet.

Comment

Working...
                    X