Help with a new rescue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with a new rescue

So someone please help me out. Long story short I had to rescue a red tail from a retarded owner. The snake was not being well taken car of. As far as a feeding schedule I'm not sure what it is. Problem is she said the snake is 6 years old.....but the snake is only 4' in length, maybe. She says she tried feeding once a week. I was told through mutual friends it was once a month. I personally don't believe he is 6 years. Even if she hardly feed he wouldn't be stunted that much, right? I think she just seated saying stuff because I was questioning he care. Someone she'd some light. He may even be 42"

Snake measurement tool

Is your snake male or female?
    Is it a true RED TAIL or a BCI?
    4' for a male BCI is not uncommon, on the small side, but is possible. If your snake seems healthy, don't worry about its length. I don't really measure an adult. I just find it fun for the little ones to see how they are growing.
    Thank you for rescuing this snake and caring, but a healthy 4' is much better than an unhealthy at any age!!
    Pictures would help us.

Comment

Re: Help with a new rescue

Welcome to RTB!

I moved your post and created a new thread with it to get more attention and hopefully gain you more responses.
      "An increase in reptile education can lead to a decrease in reptile discrimination." - Bebo

sigpic

Comment

regardless of past care , get the boa in the right environment , temps and give it time to adjust to a new home and start feeding proper sized meals on the correct schedule. In 3 months , you may see some healthy changes and happy boa.

Comment

Sounds like a good case for rescue. How about a pic or three?

Welcome to the forum.

Comment

Working...
          X