Placement of the water bowl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Water] Placement of the water bowl

Where in the tub should I place the water bowl in my boas 41 qt. Tubs? All three are in shed.
    Thanksfor your help

Sent from my SM-T537V using Tapatalk

Re: Placement of the water bowl

I just put mine in the front. And my boas shed solids every time. Just keep an eye on condensation buildup on the wall of the tub. If it's too wet you will need to add more vent holes.

Comment

On the cool side, preferably. The water can get too hot if it's on the hot side, it will also bump the humidity waaaay up which is a nice trick for those that need a little extra boost around shedding time.
      http://berkeleyknebel.wix.com/mississippimorphs

Photo credit:Eddie Ard .....Banner Credit:Big PaPa Ernest

Comment

Warm water grows more bacteria too, so on the cool side, unless you want to increase the humidity short-term (to promote a shed).

Comment

All good advice stated below. Plus it may be a little less stressful on your boa/s when you are changing out the bowls as well.

Comment

Definitely at the front, away from the heat.

If you begin having humidity issues then you can move your bowl toward the heat a little at a time until you get the humidity level where you want it.
            "An increase in reptile education can lead to a decrease in reptile discrimination." - Bebo

sigpic

Comment

I keep Sophie's bath tub on the cool side, and it's pizza slice shaped, so it's in the back corner. She gets a lot of privacy that way (snakes don't generally like it when we watch them soak or drink).

Comment

Working...
              X