Weight to length ratio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [General Care] Weight to length ratio

Is there such a thing as a healthy weight to length ratio table for Red Tailed Boas available or are boas simply too varied?

Re: Weight to length ratio

I think they are too varied. I look at overall body shape - it should be square, not round like a milk snake.

Comment

Hmmm. I think there must be something "general" that will tell you some idea of what your 7 foot bci should probably be weighing?

Comment

Yep as stated below, they should be shaped some what like a loaf of bread. As far as weight goes I can't help you.

Comment

That would be very helpful, if there was some sort of growth chart for RTB's showing the 'normal' weight range for incremental lengths...but so far, I've never seen one? And of course, such statistics would need to
          be specific for RTB's...blood pythons & many others would throw off the numbers. I also assume that snakes are like us, in that muscle weighs more than fat...so there will always be a range to allow for some snakes
          that may be 'fitter' (more muscular) than others. Yeah...we need a "body-mass index" chart for snakes!

Comment

Working...
          X