No announcement yet.

Buddy the Boa diary...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Record Keeping] Buddy the Boa diary...

Not sure if this is the right place but I've been making a diary I guess of Buddy with how he is doing and everything I'm doing for him. I'll only update it with things I think are worth noting. For now, it will be everyday because everything is new to me going from theory to practice. I will also be adding every photo I take of Buddy (best of duplicates).

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Re: Buddy the Boa diary...

I'm smiling...because when I first got into snakes, that's what I did with each one, but not online. As time went on & I got more snakes, I had a fellow-snake-keeper visit me & sorta chuckle at my extensive records,
    wondering where I found the time? But I had been trained as a nurse, first of all...so charting a snake's progress felt 'normal'...and being new to snakes, my observations helped me to know what was normal & see
    their progress. Needless to say, after a while my notes became far more condensed, LOL! Now the only thing I'd chart is medical issues & treatment, which happily are very rare.

Comment

I still keep records on each and every snake. Of course they are not in diary form but I note each feeding, shed, blue phase, defecation and any oddities just to help with any medical issues should they arise.

Just a note, if Buddy isn't hypo, he isn't het for hypo. With hypo, you are or you aren't and he's not. Kudos to you for taking such extreme care of your pet. If more were as attentive as you are, we wouldn't have the need for rescues.
      http://berkeleyknebel.wix.com/mississippimorphs

Photo credit:Eddie Ard .....Banner Credit:Big PaPa Ernest

Comment

Originally posted by zamora View Post
        Just a note, if Buddy isn't hypo, he isn't het for hypo. With hypo, you are or you aren't and he's not.
        I didn't know that. Thank you. I don't know much about morphs only that I am biased to the normal motley morph. At the breeder, he was trying to get me to buy his hypo motley from the same litter but it looked just like any other Colombian. I have no intention to breed Buddy currently so it doesn't matter in my opinion. Maybe some day down the line. Probably not.

Originally posted by Noelle7206 View Post
        but not online.
        I am doing it online so I can find it if my computer dies. A copy is also on my computer.
        Another reason I'm doing it online is for anyone who wants to see it. It also has all the info I have so if I have any health questions later on someone can look at it to see if they see any warning signs I missed.

On a side note, Buddy did his first shed today.

Comment

Originally posted by acephantom903 View Post
          ....I am doing it online so I can find it if my computer dies. A copy is also on my computer.
          Another reason I'm doing it online is for anyone who wants to see it. It also has all the info I have so if I have any health questions later on someone can look at it to see if they see any warning signs I missed.
          It wasn't an option, back when I got into snakes, I've been at this for "a while"! ha ha ha...

Comment

Working...
          X