Fruitless Mulberry Branch and Boas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Misc] Fruitless Mulberry Branch and Boas

Hello all, so I have a question. I have a fruitless mulberry tree that died in my front yard. Was dead when we moved in. I'm thinking of using a branch for taking pictures. Anyone know if they're toxic for boas?

Re: Fruitless Mulberry Branch and Boas

Not off-hand I don't, but most plants are toxic (to snakes) only if they are ingested, which your boas won't do anyway, or if they off-gas irritating fumes.
    Give the branches a sniff, and if there's no odor I think they'd be fine, especially if you're only using it for taking pictures, that's very little exposure.
    (I used to live in So Cal & had such trees in my yard...I don't recall any sort of oil on the leaves either, & if it's long-dead, I wouldn't worry.)

If you actually use them in their cages, consider that most dead branches have bugs living in them, and that may be why the tree died. Those 'bugs' aren't likely to harm your snake but they
    might decide to try other wood that you own for 'dessert'?

Comment

I don't plan on using it in their enclosures. I figured since it's related to a fruit tree it should be fine but wanted to see if anyone had a definite answer. Thank you for getting back to me.

Comment

It should be fine. The house I grew up in has a fruitless mulberry and I put snakes in it all the time.

-Sean in NoCal
        “Americanism means the virtues of courage, honor, justice, truth, sincerity, and hardihood – the virtues that made America.”
        -Teddy Roosevelt.

Comment

Awesome thanks sean

Comment

Working...
          X