Going blue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Shedding] Going blue

Out of curiosity: How long does it take from not opaque to go opaque when they go into blue? Minutes? hours?

Re: Going blue

There's no exact answer....snakes are very opinionated & don't like to copy from their friends. But it's more like days, typically, & maybe even a week or so.

(Their metabolism depends on their state of health, temperature, hydration, age, species, and whether or not they just ate, for starters; a meal will definitely slow things down.)

Comment

Originally posted by Noelle7206 View Post
      There's no exact answer....snakes are very opinionated & don't like to copy from their friends. But it's more like days, typically, & maybe even a week or so.

(Their metabolism depends on their state of health, temperature, hydration, age, species, and whether or not they just ate, for starters; a meal will definitely slow things down.)
      I agree with the above post.

It just took my guy about 1.5 to 2 days. He is blue as I type. Increased heat and humidity will speed up the process, but as mentioned things are different for each animal, and different with each shed involving the same animal.

Comment

Originally posted by Primolilla View Post
        .... and different with each shed involving the same animal.
        Yeah, that too. They like to keep us guessing...

Comment

Working...
        X