No announcement yet.

really stupid noob question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [General Care] really stupid noob question.

Okay so I have a pair of boas, male and female. They are not old enough to breed but will be in a year or so. If let them out together in my bedroom to roam around (which is my current habit) could they mate? Im assuming no since I dont cool them. They are not housed together and I DONT want babies.

Thanks

Re: really stupid noob question.

Originally posted by Miranda View Post
    could they mate? Im assuming no since I dont cool them.
    Many breeders don't necessarily cycle their boas anymore. This is not a requirement. As Jeff Goldblum said in Jurassic Park "Life finds a way."

If they're old enough to breed, they will. Boas do not need social time. They are not social creatures. They come together once a year for the sole purpose of propagating the species and then go their separate ways.
    Originally posted by Miranda View Post
    I DONT want babies.
    Then I'd strongly advise you to keep them apart until you do want babies.

-Sean in NoCal
    “Americanism means the virtues of courage, honor, justice, truth, sincerity, and hardihood – the virtues that made America.”
    -Teddy Roosevelt.

Comment

Thanks for the answer.. I dont let them out together to socialize(not sure if thats what you meant). Its just for my convenience because I like everyone to get a bit of time to exercise now and again and it saves time.I dont always supervise either, the room is snake proofed so sometimes I leave to do other things.So I guess I will have to

Comment

Originally posted by Pandorasdad View Post
        ...Then I'd strongly advise you to keep them apart until you do want babies.
        Same here, sometimes you'd be surprised what snakes can accomplish when it comes to breeding! Take NO chances.

Comment

There are no stupid questions, we all were (or still are) noobs at some point, remember? I concur with what has already been said, if you don't want babies, keep them separated. Oh and post some pictures please, we LOVE pictures!
          http://berkeleyknebel.wix.com/mississippimorphs

Photo credit:Eddie Ard .....Banner Credit:Big PaPa Ernest

Comment

Thanks everyone. Here are some pics. The male is very skittish and just wants to hide so makes it hard to get pics.The female is very chill and about twice the size of the male.
            the pics dont capture the intense coral sides on this guy.

Here is the female, she is very clean and just a great boa all the way round.Again crummy phone pic but the head shot came out great.

Sneaking in a pic of my jungle

Comment

Hey, we all know that pictures seldom do justice to our beautiful pets, and from where I sit, yours look great! And I think your photos came out fine.

Comment

Thanks, they are like with babies, no matter how ugly they are always beautiful to the parents, lol.

Comment

You have some nice looking babies! Thanks for the pictures
                  http://berkeleyknebel.wix.com/mississippimorphs

Photo credit:Eddie Ard .....Banner Credit:Big PaPa Ernest

Comment

Working...
                  X