Please help!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help!!!!!!

ok so i have a boaphile 421D and it has 2x heat i have newspaper as substrate and a ranco thermostat to control the heat, plus two accurite thermometers on each side, a bowl of water in the middle and a hide on the cool side. My problem is that on the cool side it stays on 86-87 degrees, and my hot side on a perfect 88 89 degrees, but i dont know how to get the cool side to a cooler temperature cause if i lower my thermostat wich is set to 90 degrees it will go down on the hot side!!!! please help!!!!

Re: Please help!!!!!!

what is the temperature of the room that you have him in? the 2x heat from what i understood is for cooler room temps around 75 f.

Comment

my room is around 79 81 degrees
      i know the 2x heat is more heat for cooler rooms, but you never know when you need that extra heat. Thats why i have a thermostat to control the heat too, humidity and hot side are perfect but the cool side just needs to be a few degrees less, i just want to get any idea for just cooling the cool side in the cage =(

Comment

try cooling down the room a bit.

Comment

thank you im doin that rite now
          but if anyone wants to give me more ideas please do cause i really need them.HELP!!

Comment

Two things occurred to me,

The first being that added ventalation might help bring the cool side temps down. Meaning if you had more air flow between what's in the room and in the cage maybe that would allow the cool side to cool down.

The other thing that I wondering is this: As long as your boa has a differential of 6-8 degrees, does it matter a whole lot what the temps are? I know there are breeders who keep their boas at 100 degrees on the hot side because that's the environmental temp where they are located, and the cool side for them is 90 degrees. Their boas do fine. So maybe try raising the temp on the hot side to see if you can get that 6-8 degree differential. Then, in the fall, when the room temps drop, drop the hot side temp back down to 88-90.
            "It is not my responsibility to live up to other people's perceptions of who I am. I am only responsible for living up to the standards I set for myself, to be the person I want to be."

Comment

that seems pretty interesting, so how bout if my cage is 85or 86 cool side and 89 92 hot side is that good? as long as it has a cooler spot than the hot spot? you guys are very smart more ideas will be super great!

Comment

Where does the snake spend most of its time with the setup you have now? If its always on the cool side, you may indeed need to bring the temp down some more. If after you lower cool side temps the snake starts spending most of its time on the hot side, you know your previous cool side temp was ok.

Comment

the thing is im getting the temps rite and ready cause ima be purchasing one from clay soon, and i want its setup to be ready for when it comes. thats why i want the temps to be ready .

Comment

I set my ambients to 84-85.

Comment

Originally posted by avaloshn
                      the thing is im getting the temps rite and ready cause ima be purchasing one from clay soon, and i want its setup to be ready for when it comes. thats why i want the temps to be ready .
                      So you don't have your snake yet?

Wow! That's great that you're making sure everything is set up before you get him/her!

Definitely not the norm LOL!!

Congratulations on your impending purchase!
                      "It is not my responsibility to live up to other people's perceptions of who I am. I am only responsible for living up to the standards I set for myself, to be the person I want to be."

Comment

ya not to many people do that

Comment

yup im proud of myself too, i just want my future snake to have the best life and treatment!Thats why im doin everything before i get it=)

Comment

I was considering the 421d with 2x, how do you like it?

Comment

Working...
                            X