Any suggetions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Thermostats] Any suggetions?

I have a thermostat from Big Apple Herp, the BAH-1000SC, don't ever buy this unit, it sucks. I've had it hooked up for 2 weeks and the past 2 days it has been shutting off on me, I have to mess around with it to get it to come back on. I need a new one asap and local pet stores around me don't have any thermostats. I found a guy on craigslist who has Biostat DP thermostats, anyone have any experience with these? Also if I can ask, what thermostat is everyone using? I hear alot that Ranco is a good one. Thanks for the help.

Re: Any suggetions?

Ranco's all the way for me.

Comment

ranco is hands down awesome. i had to make this choice not long ago and am glad i went with ranco

Comment

I also only use rancos. They're the best for the money.

Comment

Another one here with Rancos. I have no experience with the other brands; I just followed the advice of those more experienced when I got mine and I've loved them thus far.

Comment

Rancos are the best IMO. One time I had a Cuban boa die because of a UTH failure which was hooked up to a rheo. I won't make that mistake again.
            http://www.iherp.com/topshelfmorphs

http://www.facebook.com/boidsohio

Comment

Ranco! Have one for my boaphile and one for my rack!

Comment

Are Rancos the ones Jeff Ronne sells?

Comment

Originally posted by shogun678 View Post
                  Are Rancos the ones Jeff Ronne sells?
                  yes. you can also find them at reptilebasics

Comment

I guess I'm soon going to be a ranco owner then I ordered one not to long ago.

Comment

I use the Ranco double thermostat set up on my boaphiles and i love them!

Comment

wow ive never seen so many ranco users lol. i use herpstats myself and love them.

Comment

oops. I'm the oddball. I have a Johnson control. It was priced right for me and had a good reputation with the forum members back when I needed one a few yrs ago. good luck! The members here won't steer you wrong! everyone is always fabulously helpful!

Comment

Hi,

I too am using the Ranco's from BoaPhile's website. I have two of the double thermos from there and I like them a lot. Works great and super simple to setup.

I've never used anything else so I cannot comment but I definitly do like the ones I have now.

Comment

I have Rancos and Helix Controls. I love proportional thermostat for radient heat panels, as far as under tank heat I use Ranco. The Helix are sweet though.

Comment

Working...
                              X