flexwatt...why me????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Flexwatt/UTH] flexwatt...why me????

So I am new to this flex watt stuff and I always seem to have issues with it. My issue now is I have 11 inch wide stuff about 2 foot long and it is unable to get over 90 degrees. this is plugged in without therm control. 120v at the cord end and 120v at the other end when i cleaned the foil ends. Anyone know why this stuff is not working? fully plugged into outlet, running 3 hours 88-90 degrees
    s

Re: flexwatt...why me????

huh, bad cord maybe? bad connectors? Mine gets up to 140 degrees in minutes if I run it without a t-stat.

Did you solder the connections? or use the crimp style ones?
    "It is not my responsibility to live up to other people's perceptions of who I am. I am only responsible for living up to the standards I set for myself, to be the person I want to be."

Comment

Originally posted by monkeywrench133 View Post
      huh, bad cord maybe? bad connectors? Mine gets up to 140 degrees in minutes if I run it without a t-stat.

Did you solder the connections? or use the crimp style ones?
      good call sounds like it may be in your connection,
      you can have your 120 volts but if the connection is bad then you have high resistance and less amperage to the flexwatt

Comment

Probably a bad Electro-Mechanical connection....Do you have a meter to check your voltage....

check If your crimp is not down good enough

Did you solder..If you did did you remove the thin layer of plastic over the contact....

Comment

They are from Jeff at Boaphile and it seems that there is 120v throughout the thing, just cannot get over 90 degrees. I am searching for another one now.
          s

Comment

Originally posted by dapozer View Post
            They are from Jeff at Boaphile and it seems that there is 120v throughout the thing, just cannot get over 90 degrees. I am searching for another one now.
            s

Remove connections...Cover with tape and use the other side...Make sure you crimp down hard or if soldering crape and burn off the plastic on the contact then prime the contacts and the cord...before making your connection

Comment

Let me try the other end. I took crimps off and solder the ends that were crimped and still only up to 90. 124.6 volts from cord. I will go try other end and let ya know.
              Tx
              Shawn

Comment

re-soldered to the other end and still 88-90 degrees. 125 v at the cord insert and 125 at the other end of the rails. still can't get over 90degrees.

Comment

What type of Solder are you using? Try using Silver solder that's what technicians use for electrical repairs on circuit boards and such.

Thanks

Comment

good point, silver solder. I was able to get another flexpad and it was able to get tp 115 within 5 min so i am going to switch to it. have cage adjusting now. hope to get it close. I am getting a RHP for it but Jeff had just ran out when i ordered and he was expecting more soon. All my cages from now on will have RHP's installed.

Comment

Working...
                    X