hi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Thermometers] hi

I got a four paws thermometer and a digitle thermometer 2 . The stick on 1 reads 88 to 90 f. And the digitle one reads 92f witch one should I go buy

Re: hi

well what type of heat do you have buld on the screen, UTH. how far is the thermometer from the heat source. To get a definate reading a temp gun is wonderful. I f the heat is on the screen then the thermometer should be in the hot spot for the reading if it is A UTH then then the thermometer needs to be over the pad for a time to determine the temp. I have A stick on 1 inch above the floor with a heat lamp but changed to a UTH and the gauges are still keeping temps. matched with temp gun. sorry so long hoping that some of this helps. If you can match the temps with a thermometer you trust. then that will tell you. place a glass thermometer on the hotspot you know the one you use on yourself for fever. see if that matches your gauges.

Comment

I'm using a heat pad underneath that tub and got the digitle thermometer atached to it to and also got the stick on atached to the pad to it was what I was told to do do I need to put the digitle 1 inside the tub or underneath the tub atached to the heat pad

Comment

In the tub you want to measure the temp where the snake is It all is recommended to be connected to a thermostat. so that it doesnt get too hot so you can control the output of heat. Uth's take 6 hours to reach top heat. and make sure there is space between the pad and the item the tub is sitting on otherwise there will be heat buildup causing fire. the pad comes with rubber feet for the bottom of tanks. use sense, be careful.

Comment

Thank you very much very helpfull were can I get a reptile thermostat and one of the infered beam @

Comment

boaphile.com carries the temp guns as does hardware stores. theres a store here in Fl not sure of back home by you but its called Harbor Freight tools not sure if they are a chain but there cheap. as for the stats petsmart carries them again not sure if there is petsmart by you but there is a petsmart.com.

Comment

Originally posted by ron petri View Post
              boaphile.com carries the temp guns as does hardware stores. theres a store here in Fl not sure of back home by you but its called Harbor Freight tools not sure if they are a chain but there cheap. as for the stats petsmart carries them again not sure if there is petsmart by you but there is a petsmart.com.
              I agree with Ron get a Thermostat it's worth every penny you pay (HerpStat is probably the best in the biz right noe IMO). I would probably trust the digital Tmometer than the sticker one. My advice is: Spend your $$ on a good thermostat it will make everything easier and give you peace of mind. Search the net.

Comment

Working...
              X