X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bebowebb
    replied
    Re: RHP questions

An oil filled radiator space heater monitored with a t-stat makes for a great way to regulate ambient room temperatures and is a pretty common method.

The following link is one that I found on a quick Google search and is similar to the ones that we use:

Utilitech Oil-Filled Radiator Heater with t-stat

I would recommend the use of an addition t-stat like a Ranco:

Boaphile Plastics Thermostats

Generally, the t-stats that are built into those space heaters are cheap and, if or when they fail, they will fail in the on position which allows the heater to run wide open. You can set up the Ranco to monitor the ambient temp in the room and still control the heater, rather than attaching it to the heater itself like you would with the use of Flexwatt or something of that nature.

Leave a comment:

• ispitroseas
    replied

I have one rack and a few tubs. Maybe time to invest in a good heater

Leave a comment:

• Kung Fu Joe
    replied

Are you heating multiple tubs? If so, you might want to just keep the room warmer in the winter and use UTH's.

Leave a comment:

• ispitroseas
    replied

Originally posted by Kung Fu Joe View Post
    Actually a UTH will not do very much to increase your ambient temps. If your reptile room is les then 75 degrees or so, an RHP is the way to go... But you wont find any small enough for tiny tubs.
    Its 75 now, it just drops in the winter

Leave a comment:

• Kung Fu Joe
    replied

Actually a UTH will not do very much to increase your ambient temps. If your reptile room is les then 75 degrees or so, an RHP is the way to go... But you wont find any small enough for tiny tubs.

Leave a comment:

• ispitroseas
    replied

Originally posted by jOHNNY t View Post
    I agree with this. In my larger cages I use these: Reptile Basics 40 Watt Radiant Heat Panel - Reptile Basics Inc. From Reptile Basics.
    So to bump up ambient get a larger area of belly heat?

Leave a comment:

• jOHNNY t
    replied

Originally posted by Elizabeth94 View Post
    Still, for plastic tubs I would just stick with belly heat
    I agree with this. In my larger cages I use these: Reptile Basics 40 Watt Radiant Heat Panel - Reptile Basics Inc. From Reptile Basics.

Leave a comment:

• Elizabeth94
    replied

If you are using tubs I would stick with an undertank heater like flex watt. Radiant heat panels are wonderful. I have a Pro Products Panel which does an amazing job warming a 4x2X1 Animal Plastics enclosure. I would take a look at Pro Products and "RBI Panels (Reptile Basics)." I have heard that they are pretty decent also but I have no experience with them.

I do know however that the ProProducts Panels are UL, UCL, and CE certified take a look at this website Pro Heat. The only downside is you have to contact them to make a purchase since they fit the right panel according to your cage and room. They are also pretty pricey.

Still, for plastic tubs I would just stick with belly heat

Leave a comment:

• ispitroseas
    started a topic [Ambient Heat] RHP questions

RHP questions

I see multiple offers from different sites. Which is the best and why? Can these products be used in juvenile tubs such as sterilite? This product would be used with a thermostat
Working...
X