Rodentpro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rodentpro

Well after a $100 dollar shipment and about two months in, I just don't think my reps like rodentpro. My Monitor has been refusing all week, and my big girl just refused last night. I'm about to go back to pre-killed. And yes my temps and cages are fine. Anybody had any issues from this supplier?

Re: Rodentpro

Your going to get people who say they are great and others who will not like them. I personally don't like distrubuters like these.

What most people don't realize is that most of these rat distributers get their rats all from the same place. Most do not raise their own rats but get them from labs like Harlan. They get shipped to them in big crates. Many times the rats in the center of the crate do not freeze well and some will have what's called black gut.

After having issues with rat suppliers, I will not order from them anymore. I raise my own smalls/meds. I buy my Jumbos from a friend out of Brooksville, Florida. He raises his own mice and rats. I've never had an issue with his rats and would recommend him to anyone. Check him out at feedersplus.com

Comment

I've been ordering from RodentPro for about a year now. My last order was over 1000 rats, and I've had no problems with them or their products. I have no problems with feeding that I'd blame on them (or any other supplier), my picky eaters are just that, picky eaters.
      "It is not my responsibility to live up to other people's perceptions of who I am. I am only responsible for living up to the standards I set for myself, to be the person I want to be."

Comment

I have ordered from Rodentpro the last time i ordered and i didn't mind them, i tried micedirect this last time and every larg rat is nothing but skin and bones, plus the rodentpro ones seemed to be alot cleaner i.e. no piss stains, terds stuck to them, and no bedding stuck to them, this micedirect has all that lingering around on the rats.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Petty
          Your going to get people who say they are great and others who will not like them. I personally don't like distrubuters like these.

What most people don't realize is that most of these rat distributers get their rats all from the same place. Most do not raise their own rats but get them from labs like Harlan. They get shipped to them in big crates. Many times the rats in the center of the crate do not freeze well and some will have what's called black gut.

After having issues with rat suppliers, I will not order from them anymore. I raise my own smalls/meds. I buy my Jumbos from a friend out of Brooksville, Florida. He raises his own mice and rats. I've never had an issue with his rats and would recommend him to anyone. Check him out at feedersplus.com
          Wonder if i can do pick up from this company since i live right outside brooksville.

Comment

He delivers to me... I live on his weekly route. Give him a call and see. His name is Justin.

Comment

Originally posted by The Grinder
              Wonder if i can do pick up from this company since i live right outside brooksville.
              I called him up earlier today and scheduled a date to come up to their facility and check them out. I would only half to assume that you can do pickups directly from their facility. Only thing you can do is call the guy up and see what he says. His number is on their website.

~Chris C.

Comment

I tried raising rats and mice when I first got into snakes, but I needed more than I could supply myself...

So I started picking up frozen ones at reptile shows at Columbus and Indianapolis, and RodentPro was a vendor at those shows, so I've probably been buying from them in person so to speak for 4 or 5 years, just had them ship me an order a month ago.

Personally I've never had a problem, raised a couple red tails on them, milks, and a columbian rainbow...

I've had my doubts about frozen feeders, but live rats are around $5 a piece here and not many pet stores carry them or the sizes I need.

Comment

Originally posted by monkeywrench133
                  I've been ordering from RodentPro for about a year now. My last order was over 1000 rats, and I've had no problems with them or their products. I have no problems with feeding that I'd blame on them (or any other supplier), my picky eaters are just that, picky eaters.
                  I have also used 1000's of RP rats and have tons on hand. Although I wish the larger rats were packaged better, I have never had an issue with feeding the boas. I don't see refusals or regurgitations with these rats. And that is all sizes, pinks to jumbos.

Jeff Ronne has the best rats ever, but he doesn't sell em anymore
                  To gain knowledge is good, but to share knowledge is wise

-Best Regards
                  -Clay English
                  Founder Redtailboas.com 1998-2013

Comment

I haven't had any problems with rodent pro. Both of my snakes eat their rats willingly. My only issue with them is that when I ordered "large" rats for the second time, they seemed a lot larger than the large rats I had recieved the order before... which is slightly problematic, as my snakes aren't eating rats of the larger size yet.

Comment

Working...
                    X