• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you feed your boa a wild caught/killed squirrel

Cause this kid did.

YouTube - Colombian Red Tail Boa eating a squirrel 10-19-09

What are your views on this?

Re: Would you feed your boa a wild caught/killed squirrel

No I would not. A wild animal carries diseases and why kill a squirl when you have plenty of rats to choose from.

Comment

I agree with Follow! Ask me and this is poor husbandry since it puts the snake at risk.

Not cool!

EDIT: this is also the stupid kind of thing that gives herp owners a bad name, and could add fuel to the fire of those that feel that large constrictors could have a large scale, and negative, impact on the presence of native species.

Comment

Absolutely not, that guy is an idiot.

Comment

Glad Im not the only one that feels he's an idiot. I am waiting for someone to say something along the lines of how they eat it in the wild so whats the difference.

Comment

lynch said it perfect this guys an idiot and give us a bad name idiots dude i cant stand people that think snakes are just a side show attraction that they can show off to there friends and look like a cool guy that owns a [email protected]!!!!!!
            Last edited by jhsulliv; 10-28-2009, 05:32 PM. Reason: language

Comment

Heck no! Its scary to think that from the size of the snake he may have had it for a while.. God knows what else its eaten throughout its life.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonySzum View Post
                Glad Im not the only one that feels he's an idiot. I am waiting for someone to say something along the lines of how they eat it in the wild so whats the difference.
                Yeah, that is always the argument of ignorant people who enjoy watching their pet snakes eat live animals like that for their amusement with no regards for the snake's health.

Comment

The kid didn't even know if the bullet was still in the squirrel!
                  And he said is took the snake about an hour to eat it. (was in the description on his youtube)

Comment

BTW - I flagged the video as animal abuse. Anyone care to do the same?

Comment

flagged and commented ahh this just makes me so mad

Comment

Originally posted by MLynch View Post
                        BTW - I flagged the video as animal abuse. Anyone care to do the same?
                        I just seen your comment response to him LOL
                        Im flagging it...

Comment

"agreed idiot this is giving real boas owners a bad name not people like you that think they are just a side show act to show off and think your the cool guy with the boa with all the bills in the Senate about large boas being banned this is just adding to there fuel to their fire thanks a lot plus its very unhealthy to feed your boa a wild squirl it could have been sick and you boa could now get sick dumb ***"
                          -micswift303 youtube

Great commet MSwift, I joined in on the flagging.

Comment

Man that is so stupid. I wouldn't put my boa at risk to the possibility of disease or parasites that the squirrel could be carrying. I agree that it also can give herpers and boas a bad name. People who take care of their pets that poorly and post videos like that on youtube are just morons.

Comment

I flagged it what an idiot.

Comment

Working...
                              X