No announcement yet.

Tonight he takes, but won't eat.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Feeding Issue] Tonight he takes, but won't eat.

This is wierd. My 06-09 boa has fed three times since i got him in the middle of december. While it took some effort to get him to take f/t, he would get hungry and finally take. Refusing about half of what I offer. Hasn't eaten since the 9th of Jan. Tonight, he took the mouse but didn't eat it. ****. should I leave it in there all night? I am inclined to remove the kill, or should I leave it in over night? Any ideas why he didn't eat it. This is the first time I have given him a full grown mouse.

Thanks for the help.

Re: Tonight he takes, but won't eat.

Shoebox routine and cover with a towel, don't look until morning. He is a scared eater and is getting spooked.
    s

Comment

Ive had snakes do that before too. I dont know if its just maybe they have a strong feeding response and its instinct to strike then they decide theyre not hungry? If its F/T I would leave it there over night unless somebody else tells you not to. Ive only left a F/T feeder in over night once and tried it twice.. Once with a BP who didnt eat it by morning and another with a 6.5ft boa who was just shy (and didnt strike it, just sniffed) and ate it after I left him alone.

Hope that helps.

Comment

ya since its dead just leave it in overnight in complete darkness. if it's not gone by morning just chuck it out and wait another 1 or 2 weeks.

Comment

i had my boas do this as well. And thanks to the great advice from this forum i did exactly what the last two resposes said to do. One time my boa did eventually eat after being left alone over night. in fact he ate about 4 hours later. the second time i did have to throw out the adult mouse and attempted a baby rat a week later in which he engulfed.

Comment

Working...
          X