Argh!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Rats/Mice] Argh!!!

I was in my reptile room today doing some spot cleaning and I noticed the door to my mini freezer was open. I thought maybe I had knocked it open during my cleaning but much to my chagrin it'd been open long enough for all the rats to thaw out so I had to toss out about $100 worth of rats because I didn't want to refreeze them after that : /

I figured y'all would feel my pain more than most of my friends who would immediately respond with, "Wait? You keep frozen rats in a freezer?!? Eewww!!!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by.” -DA
    www.outworldreptiles.com

Re: Argh!!!

Originally posted by Zaphod42 View Post
    I figured y'all would feel my pain more than most of my friends who would immediately respond with, "Wait? You keep frozen rats in a freezer?!? Eewww!!!"
    Yup. We've been there. I had the same thing happen to me.

And then there was the one time that I was in Disneyland and my sister was watching my house. She called screaming about the rats in the freezer on top of the frozen pizzas. It was awesome.

-Sean in NoCal
    “Americanism means the virtues of courage, honor, justice, truth, sincerity, and hardihood – the virtues that made America.”
    -Teddy Roosevelt.

Comment

That's a real bummer.

Comment

Oh man, such a waste!

Comment

Totally sucks, been there done that!

Comment

Originally posted by Pandorasdad View Post
            ...And then there was the one time that I was in Disneyland and my sister was watching my house. She called screaming about the rats in the freezer on top of the frozen pizzas. It was awesome.
            This can actually be a good thing...it gets me out of all but the most 'desperate' pot-luck dinners! (ROFL!)

Zaphod42: sorry about your loss...that hurts! But thank you for not being someone who'd consider re-freezing! (gag!)

Comment

Thanks guys. I knew you all would feel my pain, lol.

www.outworldreptiles.com

Comment

Yep, been there too. It really is painful.
                http://berkeleyknebel.wix.com/mississippimorphs

Photo credit:Eddie Ard .....Banner Credit:Big PaPa Ernest

Comment

I feel your pain too. I had the power go out for a few days (the whole area was out) one time and lost a ton of rats and everything else in my fridge. Some day I'll actually get a generator so that doesn't happen again.
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm a bit gobsmacked that more herpers don't have a backup generator. Between the contents of just the chest freezer and the incubator, most will pay for themselves with what is protected in one 24-hour power outage. Your homeowner's insurance typically doesn't cover that stuff.

Comment

I haven't done that yet as I have a freezer that opens on the top.

I have, however, left my rats to thaw in water and then fell asleep / forgot and had to throw them out and start the whole process over again..

Comment

Originally posted by bcasilio View Post
                        I haven't done that yet as I have a freezer that opens on the top.

I have, however, left my rats to thaw in water and then fell asleep / forgot and had to throw them out and start the whole process over again..
                        I've done that a few times but I usually wake up at 2am and immediately exclaim, "crap, I forgot the rats!", and immediately jump out of bed and run out of the room. My boyfriend has gotten used to it, I consider it partially his fault for not reminding me : )

www.outworldreptiles.com

Comment

Bummer about the loss of the frozen stock.

One of my favorite things to do with new company at the house is to tell them to get their ice out of the deep freeze. Works every time.
                          "An increase in reptile education can lead to a decrease in reptile discrimination." - Bebo

sigpic

Comment

And the next thing you hear is "let's go OUT to eat!"

I've always wanted to make someone a sandwich with a (fake!) rat tail sticking out the side....you know, for those who STILL want me to cook? hee hee hee....

Comment

Originally posted by Noelle7206 View Post
                              I've always wanted to make someone a sandwich with a (fake!) rat tail sticking out the side....you know, for those who STILL want me to cook? hee hee hee....
                              How about rat tacos?

http://www.redtailboas.com/f18/how-m...-redder-44407/
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X