Bo eat's strange, now likes to hang while dining

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Feeding Issue] Bo eat's strange, now likes to hang while dining

It's been a fun winter watching my two salmon youngsters eat and grow. They are littermates, Bo and Thai. Thai has always been a little smaller than Bo, his head is much smaller, but he's also the more sociable of the two. Even the vet noticed these differences last fall.
    Anyway, my concern is that Bo has always approached eating in a rather unconventional manner. He used to eat his mice from the middle, rather than swallow head first, or even tail first. I was always concerned about the possibility of any damage he could have done to himself, but he seems to have gotten past this phase well. Now, when it's feeding time, he wraps around a crosspiece in his enclosure and refuses to come down, but strikes ready at the mouse. He remains hanging, constricts nicely around the mouse, and positions it's head in his mouth, all while hanging and the mouse is suspended within his coils. I should have mentioned, both have always eaten only thawed, never live or even fresh killed. I don't think this is a problem, but it's a rather interesting situation to watch. Has anyone else encountered such strange habits?

Thank you!
    Todd

Re: Bo eat's strange, now likes to hang while dining

Nothing abnormal at all. they're naturally arboreal snakes.

-Sean in NoCal
    “Americanism means the virtues of courage, honor, justice, truth, sincerity, and hardihood – the virtues that made America.”
    -Teddy Roosevelt.

Comment

Re: Bo eat's strange, now likes to hang while dining

My 6ft BCI likes to grab her rat outside the cage door and then hang it down almost to the floor in her coils and eat it. Seems perfectly fine.

Comment

Working...
      X