Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Feeding Query (Help)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Feeding Issue] Feeding Query (Help)

    Hello
    My Boa is currently eating Hoppers
    I asked my Mrs to pick up some Hoppers for him but she came back with Fuzzys.
    Could I feed him 2 Fuzzys on feeding day?
    I think he is ready to move up to small Mice but I thought I would find out if I could use the Fuzzys to save me having to throw them away.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • #2
    Re: Feeding Query (Help)

    Yes, you can feed him two, better to feed one appropriately sized prey item but occasionally, what the heck. Another note, if your boa is ready to move up to small mice, look at comparing the size of small mice to rats, rats are way better for your boa than mice and the sooner you make the switch, the better for your animal.
    http://berkeleyknebel.wix.com/mississippimorphs

    Photo credit:Eddie Ard .....Banner Credit:Big PaPa Ernest

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Feeding Query (Help)

      Originally posted by zamora View Post
      Yes, you can feed him two, better to feed one appropriately sized prey item but occasionally, what the heck. Another note, if your boa is ready to move up to small mice, look at comparing the size of small mice to rats, rats are way better for your boa than mice and the sooner you make the switch, the better for your animal.
      I saw rat pups online that would be the right size I reckon. But my local shop only has weaners.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Feeding Query (Help)

        Originally posted by Des9699 View Post
        But my local shop only has weaners.
        I found this funny so apparently I'm a 6 year old. lol My local pet supply store only has small adult rats and not weanlings rats so I am on adult mice until I talk to the owner to order weanlings.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Feeding Query (Help)

          Rodent Pro and a small freezer are a life saver when it comes to keeping snakes.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Feeding Query (Help)

            Originally posted by walla2GSP View Post
            Rodent Pro and a small freezer are a life saver when it comes to keeping snakes.
            This is true. When you have only one growing young boa, it is kind of hard to predict how much you are going to need. Will 100 pinkie rats be enough or too much? Probably too much as one boa will out grow that food size before it finishes it. The larger and older the snake gets, the more predictable and easier it is to plan.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Feeding Query (Help)

              Originally posted by walla2GSP View Post
              Rodent Pro and a small freezer are a life saver when it comes to keeping snakes.
              I am in the UK. They have online shops but I wasnt too sure about ordering from there incase they defrost etc.


              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Feeding Query (Help)

                Originally posted by Des9699 View Post
                I am in the UK. They have online shops but I wasnt too sure about ordering from there incase they defrost etc.
                If they are a quality rodent supplier, they should pack them in dry ice and they won't defrost. I wouldn't order more than a 6 month supply if I were you. That's about as long as I care to keep rodents frozen but that's me personally. Also, if you order enough to get you 6 months, chances are you will be ready to change the size of the prey then as well.
                http://berkeleyknebel.wix.com/mississippimorphs

                Photo credit:Eddie Ard .....Banner Credit:Big PaPa Ernest

                Comment

                Working...
                X