on line rat ordering/rat sizes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Rats/Mice] on line rat ordering/rat sizes

Hello and thanks to everyone I got sum great info my last post I Was wondering the best place to order rats frozen on line the local shops only have small rats which are way too big she could take hopper mouse but wanna keep her on rats .My girl is ready for the next size of rats she just finished the bag of rat pinks or pups I guess so is rat fuzzys the next size no sure Thanks

Re: on line rat ordering/rat sizes

When I'm trying to compare rat and mouse sizes, I've found Rodent Pro to be a useful sort of cheat sheet, since they list the actual size and weight of all of their products. Hopper mice come in at 1.5-2.0 inches and 7.0-13.0 grams, almost the exact size of a rat pink. The next rat size up is rat fuzzies, at 2.0-2.5 inches and 13.0-20.0 grams.

However, I don't personally like to purchase from RP. I haven't had issues with their stuff myself, but it seems like a disproportionately high percentage of the time that someone does have an issue with bad feeder and you ask them where they got them, it ends up being RP. So not worth the risk IMO. I prefer to order from
    The Big Cheese Rodent Factory
    or
    Perfect Prey
    sigpic

Comment

Layne Labs in SoCal lists weights and sizes too. I use them too. Shipping will be better if you find a supplier closer to you. When I move later this year, I'll have to switch.

-Sean in NoCal
      “Americanism means the virtues of courage, honor, justice, truth, sincerity, and hardihood – the virtues that made America.”
      -Teddy Roosevelt.

Comment

Originally posted by Pandorasdad View Post
        Shipping will be better if you find a supplier closer to you.
        Yes and no. My local frozen rodent producer (which something about them doesn't seem right to me) charges almost as much. Layne Labs an order of 15 rat pups would cost me $68 including shipping. My local producer would charge $52 to ship the same order to me... or I could spend 2 hours in the car round trip to pick it up from them for only $28.

Comment

Originally posted by Pandorasdad View Post
          Shipping will be better if you find a supplier closer to you
          Originally posted by acephantom903 View Post
          Yes and no
          Definitely something to consider! My options nearby aren't great, so I buy from faraway places, but if you're near a great supplier you're set.
          sigpic

Comment

I'm in southern Florida and I just started dealing with a fellow named Jack. Nice, friendly guy. Check out "SOUTH FLORIDA RODENTS". I'm close so we drove there and picked up. He has everything you could want. Live or Frozen. I got Rabbits, Big colosssal rats and adult mice. He ships and good prices! Also has fowl for those who may need occasionally. It sucks to go to a pet store that wants $35.00 for a pet rabbit and the so called "Jumbo" rats for $8-$10.00. The rabbits I bought were $8 and $9.00. Sorry I don't like pet stores and the prices blow!! Anyhow anyone wants good prices, check him out. He's online under SOUTH FLORIDA RODENTS. May be worth your time.

Comment

Working...
            X